A "Tradition Corps"? What do you think?

DCI Finals. Exhibit B. Study it. 3:15 for the lazy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTOQNg3wQh0

I rest my case.

DCI Finals 2013 Madison Scouts. 12:33

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8j8tIUnOhA

Emotional Connection? Look at all the ALUMNI in the AUDIENCE singing right along with the corps! (oops maybe I shouldn't have shown alumni in the audience enjoying a corps performance... sorry about that). That kind of emotional connection is hard to find in the past that's for sure. Followed by a rousing standing ovation. Study it, Study all the effects, emotions, and dynamics used in this finals performance. Loud was not the only effect used.

Edited by charlie1223
  • Like 1

Didn't they only perform shows on the East Coast though? I thought their tour only brought them as far west as the Mississippi?

No. Jersey Surf in 2012 performed beyond " only the East Coast ". Their 2012 show was performed also in Texas, Georgia, Mississippi, Virgina, etc and so forth.They did not make it out to the Rockies and over to the West Coast in 2012, but thats not unusual, as most of the other World Class Division Corps didn't either.

Edited by BRASSO

I think any time a corps with the lower level of performance skills and placements can generate a buzz and excitement like Surf did in 2012...it is a good thing...esp for the kids performing.

Heck, why stop there too ?. I think any time a Corps with a HIGHER level of performance skills and placements can generate a buzz and excitement like Surf did in 2012... it is a good thing.. esp. for the kids performing.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

I challenge ANY ONE OF YOU to stand in front of a show this year (don't pick Crown), and hit the video record key and face the audience.

Yeah, whatever you do, for the love of all things holy, don't show the crowd response to the reigning DCI champion -- the corps who, more than any other, typically sets the trends in the activity.

• Like 3

Yeah, whatever you do, for the love of all things holy, don't show the crowd response to the reigning DCI champion -- the corps who, more than any other, typically sets the trends in the activity.

Carolina Crown.." as reigning DCI Champion" ... was ethustiastically received well in performance last year at Finals. In my assessment they got the loudest response of any Corps.. and with the announcement at retreat later that they were not in 2nd place, but would be declared the Champion, the Finals audience erupted again in enthusiastic support of their winning. So in this respect anyway, you are correct.

Edited by BRASSO