Wanted: 1970's Era Drum Corps Publications Programs Photos Recaps

yonnenana

Hi Folks, do you have a box of old drum corps mementos packed away in a closet, attic, basement, or even still back at Mom & Pops house?

Do you seldom if ever get them out and look at them?

Have you ever thought about getting rid of them, or, God forbid, throwing them away?

If so, would you like them to go somewhere they will not only be cherished and treasured but put to good use?

Not only am I an avid collector of late 60's entire 1970's decade drum corps memorabilia but I love to share my collection, as witnessed by the over 1000 photos I uploaded to the "some old corps photos" thread.

http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/forums/index.php/topic/62667-some-old-corps-photos/

I started this thread years ago right here on DCP for this very reason, to share with those interested in seeing/reading about this period.

Many of the photos I scanned and shared here came from the drum corps publications and contest programs in my collection.

While my collection is quite large and always growing it has missing blanks, this is where we need your help.

A small group of us are (and have been for quite some time) working on research for a future 1970's era junior drum corps site and these old papers and programs are full of valuable info. Info we want to not only archive for future generations but also share with all who marched/taught/worked with corps in this era.

Items we are looking for,

1 Late 60's, entire 70's era drum corps publications; Drum Corps Digest, Drum Corps America, Drum Corps News, Drum Corps World, and/or any regional drum corps publications or circuit newspapers.

2 Contest programs from this era, from the smallest local/regional contests to the biggest national contests.

3 Contest ads, flyers, posters, ticket stubs.

4 Individual corps and/or circuit summer contest schedules.

5 Corps newsletters and/or yearbooks.

6 Judges recap/score sheets.

7 Local town newspaper articles, clippings.

8 Anything listing contest dates and/or scores.

9 Photos taken from the stands, from practice, on the bus, etc.

10 Patches, Buttons/Pins/Pin-backs also welcome.

From one item to many, if you are willing to donate it to us we would love to get it out of those closets/attics/basements and put it to good use!

Please send a message here to yonnenana or to olddcvet@aol.com

To save time and trouble you can also message us with what you may be interested in donating as we may already have it in our collection.

If you are not ready to give up your collection for good we would also be interested in borrowing and sending back.

Thanks so much! Hope you all have a great day!

• 7 years later...

Hello I just helped my Mom clean out her storage space and she was a member of the Capitolaires from1969 - 1974 and she has a decent amount of stuff in great condition.

I would love to send it to a collector that would make a home for it.
There is a bunch of Capitolaire specific stuff and some other papers and pamphlets and ticket stubs and other bric a brac related to touring and competitions.
Let me know if you are interested and I can stuff it in a box and ship it yo you.
There are also about 12 Drum Corps Digest in great condition from the 60’s - 70’s
Sincerely
Courtney Webster
cell: 917.929.2600