I want a corps to go Full Hopkins

In the same way that if people really liked old school drum corps there would be a circuit full of g-bugles?

There would still be had the few not made the decision for the many.

French horns and tubas and trombones OH MY!

We already have tubas. They're bell front, but they're tubas. Upright tubas (not Sousaphones) would be impossible to march with and do drill.

For those saying we need to return more towards our military roots, I have bad news regarding the origins of Sousaphones. :)

• Like 1

We already have tubas. They're bell front, but they're tubas. Upright tubas (not Sousaphones) would be impossible to march with and do drill.

For those saying we need to return more towards our military roots, I have bad news regarding the origins of Sousaphones. :)

Hahahahaha; GREAT point!

If a significant enough number of people wanted a summer activity of the "Full Hopkins" flavor, there would be a circuit full of them by now.

As long as they are not doing a "Full Monty" in a family outdoor activity!

I really enjoy how the Hopkins lead Cadets program has retained literally the same uniforms, marching style, unique and at times uplifting show concepts, along with starting a DCA Open Class Corps, Winter Percussion, and providing free online courses and resources for educators, options for at risk low-income youth, and more, all while destroying the drum corps activity.

If you want a corps to go FULL HOPKINS then I assume you want corps to provide the same support and educational opportunities for our youth while retaining a unique signature style. I look forward to seeing a DCI corps starting a DCA competitive corps, providing free webinars for staff and member education, and handle the practical change of instrumentation and amplification. I'd also expect all of the corps to retain unique musical identities like a tag at the end of some of the shows. Not to say corps today aren't providing these opportunities; people just forget and vilify a person because they are making stylistic and practical technological and business decisions.

• Like 4

I really enjoy how the Hopkins lead Cadets program has retained literally the same uniforms, marching style, unique and at times uplifting show concepts, along with starting a DCA Open Class Corps, Winter Percussion, and providing free online courses and resources for educators, options for at risk low-income youth, and more, all while destroying the drum corps activity.

If you want a corps to go FULL HOPKINS then I assume you want corps to provide the same support and educational opportunities for our youth while retaining a unique signature style. I look forward to seeing a DCI corps starting a DCA competitive corps, providing free webinars for staff and member education, and handle the practical change of instrumentation and amplification. I'd also expect all of the corps to retain unique musical identities like a tag at the end of some of the shows. Not to say corps today aren't providing these opportunities; people just forget and vilify a person because they are making stylistic and practical technological and business decisions.

For me the vilification has nothing to do with the way Hopkins has ran YEA and The Cadets; nor for the way Gibbs has ran the BD organization.; nor for their sometimes way-out there show concepts. For me the vilification is square on their co-authorization of the G7 proposal which attempted to hijack DCI for 7 so-called elite corps, desire to place all other WC corps in a tiered underclass status below the glorified 7, and their desire to deny any and all services to all current and future OC corps which were not directly tied to any WC corps thus throwing them out of DCI. That, Icarlton, was the deep seeded issue for me in which to view Hopkins, and Gibbs, as archetype villains.

As long as they are not doing a "Full Monty" in a family outdoor activity!

Think of it this way: Wow, it certainly and truly would then be ALL about the Visual which would make many of the design staff elated!!! And besides, there is a way to keep this from offending the family atmosphere; since they can apparently perceive their own reality, and apparently we can perceive a different reality, they can develop a Bunny Ranch Full Monty Strip Show in ‘their reality’, and we can make it a tribute to Mayberry in ‘our reality’, and we will all be happy, happy, joy, joy!!!

For me the vilification has nothing to do with the way Hopkins has ran YEA and The Cadets; nor for the way Gibbs has ran the BD organization.; nor for their sometimes way-out there show concepts. For me the vilification is square on their co-authorization of the G7 proposal which attempted to hijack DCI for 7 so-called elite corps, desire to place all other WC corps in a tiered underclass status below the glorified 7, and their desire to deny any and all services to all current and future OC corps which were not directly tied to any WC corps thus throwing them out of DCI. That, Icarlton, was the deep seeded issue for me in which to view Hopkins, and Gibbs, as archetype villains.

Stu, I agree and think that's fair and justified for the failed G7 years ago. However, a lot of positive has come out of the organization specifically YEA! and in the age of corps folding or being unattainable for many, I feel it's important to highlight the positive work that the directors and their organizations are doing keeping in mind some of the controversial and potentially negative decisions and movements of the past.