Best 12th place shows.

Man I wish anyone interested could come to the Brew House next corps practice, I'd tell you the deal. Given the cast of characters, the situation, it would seem surreal now, but back then plausible.

I'm in!!!

What dirt? :tounge2:

See that's why I mentioned the strengths of the show with mentioning the percussion. Still all 12th place shows have their problems compared to the shows above them.

What is interesting here about the percussion dirt.......Freelancers made finals by .1 that season........they had an 84.0 in semi-finals, Glassmen had an 83.9. If memory serves me correct, i think Freelancers beat Glassmen in percussion by a full point on semi-finals night......the largest margin of any caption between the two corps.......so it was Freelancers percussion that in a way could be credited with getting the corps into finals that season :tounge2:

And on Finals night Freelancers percussion was in an 11th place tie and 12th place in every other caption.

(( and if I am wrong about this please feel free to correct me ))..........and I am not ripping on any other Freelancer sections here......we all went through the same season together so reality is getting into finals was a full corps effort.

So ya, att the same time I will admit to being totally bias.......I played timpani for Freelancers in 92......I'm the one with the opening camera shot.......please forgive the mullet......in 1992 the term mullet wasn't around so it didn't have the same stigma it does now.

All that being said......and this is not bias (even though it may seem so, I became a Freelancer in 1989 )......I personally really liked Freelancers 1985.......that gets my pick.

Edited by dbg