Perfect Horn Score

I don't believe so. And even then, I don't agree with it. What's gonna happen when a corps has better and more consistent individual players and a harder book?

The scores are relative to the season. A perfect score now doesn't necessarily set a cap on what needs to be done to achieve that score but I think it does set a floor for the future so that maybe you do need achieve a harder book with more consistent players to get a perfect score again.

• Like 1

As a reminder, these aren't "perfect" scores but "maximum" scores. And what would be the point of disallowing judges from awarding the maximum possible score? All it would really do is make the maximum score minus one tenth the new maximum.

• Like 5

As a reminder, these aren't "perfect" scores but "maximum" scores. And what would be the point of disallowing judges from awarding the maximum possible score? All it would really do is make the maximum score minus one tenth the new maximum.

this is very true and happens often in the guard world...perfect scores with error being seen...usually whoever is below that top score drove it up by maybe not being the best but being so good it drives the number up leaving little or none for the one on top.....then you get perfect or near perfect scores

Edited by GUARDLING

They were on another tier than the corps around them so no gripe from me about their score. If anything their spread wasn’t largest enough and the other corps got a gift by coat tailing off their 20

I don't think it can be narrowed to one specific thing.

Perfect caption scores are generally a combination of lax numbers management from the judges, an extremely strong, competitive field, and that particular corps bringing their "A" game that night. I don't necessarily see anything wrong with it.

You can argue the score was or was not deserved just like we argue about who should have or should not have won in any given year.