Not Excited - Boredom has Set in

Important that you came back to post, RBarron10!

What's cool about this activity is the bond we share, despite the rivalries. Should any of us meet, by chance, in the bar at a national, non-drum corps type conference, we would most likely get along real well. We'd share stories, laugh, and go through more than a few drinks. All ending with a sincere handshake. That's the beauty of all this.

P.S. - if ever anyone finds themselves in Bethlehem, look me up!

Important that you came back to post, RBarron10!

What's cool about this activity is the bond we share, despite the rivalries. Should any of us meet, by chance, in the bar at a national, non-drum corps type conference, we would most likely get along real well. We'd share stories, laugh, and go through more than a few drinks. All ending with a sincere handshake. That's the beauty of all this.

P.S. - if ever anyone finds themselves in Bethlehem, look me up!

I was personally there for the holy birth, Fred. Tried to find you -- but failed. Checked every inn, but was told there was no room to fit you. Oh well...next time, I suppose. :silly:

I was personally there for the holy birth, Fred. Tried to find you -- but failed. Checked every inn, but was told there was no room to fit you. Oh well...next time, I suppose. :silly:

Very good, HornTeacher! You must have been here during the Allentown DCI weekend!

Very good, HornTeacher! You must have been here during the Allentown DCI weekend!

Actually, no. BUT...if I make it down this summer (and it really isn't that far for me), am I welcomed by you? Due warning: if you boo the Troopers, I'm leaving immediately!! :tounge2:

Wow I asked a simple question and get called almost every name in the book for it. I said I was not excited about the upcoming season. I asked “Does anyone else feel this way and if so why?”

Here is what I found surprising.

• I’m not trolling … I’m asking a question about the upcoming season. I’m stating I’m not excited and was bored with many of last year’s offerings. But I was thrown under the bus and ran over repeatedly. Don’t worry I have thick skin J.
  • Some members really gave me some good insight about some of the things currently happening with corps I didn’t know. Thank you for being supportive of my question and statement about not being excited and needing more than one viewing to connect/understand a show.
  • The DCP members that bashed me for my post, I checked to see their status on DCP and surprisingly I found many of them to be Veteran members with numerous postings. My gosh are you the Nancy Grace’s of DCP where your opinion the only ones that count?
  • Some of you bashed me for starting a topic you thought had been beaten like a dead horse. Do you bash those that start topics talking about Placements for 2014? We’ve not even seen a show in 2014 yet. I didn’t want to bring electronics into this discuss nor instrumentation … I really don’t’ care either way about what type of horns the corps play, but if you want to know I think drum corps lost it’s edge (corps used to have a bright sound now they don’t) when it went to B Flat horns.
  • Lastly, it seems like many of you don’t have lives and live on here. One poster was asking why I had not posted yet to defend myself. Well I just got around to checking my post. I am sorry but I am a rather busy man with my own National Championship Drill Team and I’ve been busy.

Hind sight - maybe it’s not the corps I’m bored with at all … maybe it’s the snotty attitude some people have towards drum corps. Some of you posters sure do fit the label of, “Take it or leave it”, or “Its change baby so adapt” and “Out with the Dinosaurs, we don’t need you!”

It’s a free world, so troll on.

My issue with your post (and I don't think you were necessarily trolling per se) is that you offer up that after actually seeing most of the corps last year, you were completely bored by all of them, save Vanguard. You then go on to base your entire outlook of this coming season on.....

... what exactly?

No offense, but if you could find no emotional twinge in virtually any show last year, I wouldn't expect mere show announcements to get you fired up for this one. So, to me, your post came across a bit ######## for ########'s sake.

Edited by chaddyt

Chattyt. You miss read what I said. I said I was not excited and yes the shows bored me. Sure some of the had a few moments but last year no corps with the exception of SCV and Madison on some level made me want to see that again. I like for a corps to do something that makes me want to see more. I left San Antonio last year not really wowEd by anyone. I have been to shows before and would run home and find the next show and off I go. I was not completely bored as you said I was I was just not excited and generally bored if that helps

• Like 1

Wow I asked a simple question and get called almost every name in the book for it. I said I was not excited about the upcoming season. I asked “Does anyone else feel this way and if so why?”

Here is what I found surprising.

• I’m not trolling … I’m asking a question about the upcoming season. I’m stating I’m not excited and was bored with many of last year’s offerings. But I was thrown under the bus and ran over repeatedly. Don’t worry I have thick skin J.
  • Some members really gave me some good insight about some of the things currently happening with corps I didn’t know. Thank you for being supportive of my question and statement about not being excited and needing more than one viewing to connect/understand a show.
  • The DCP members that bashed me for my post, I checked to see their status on DCP and surprisingly I found many of them to be Veteran members with numerous postings. My gosh are you the Nancy Grace’s of DCP where your opinion the only ones that count?
  • Some of you bashed me for starting a topic you thought had been beaten like a dead horse. Do you bash those that start topics talking about Placements for 2014? We’ve not even seen a show in 2014 yet. I didn’t want to bring electronics into this discuss nor instrumentation … I really don’t’ care either way about what type of horns the corps play, but if you want to know I think drum corps lost it’s edge (corps used to have a bright sound now they don’t) when it went to B Flat horns.
  • Lastly, it seems like many of you don’t have lives and live on here. One poster was asking why I had not posted yet to defend myself. Well I just got around to checking my post. I am sorry but I am a rather busy man with my own National Championship Drill Team and I’ve been busy.

Hind sight - maybe it’s not the corps I’m bored with at all … maybe it’s the snotty attitude some people have towards drum corps. Some of you posters sure do fit the label of, “Take it or leave it”, or “Its change baby so adapt” and “Out with the Dinosaurs, we don’t need you!”

It’s a free world, so troll on.

:worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy:

Chattyt. You miss read what I said. I said I was not excited and yes the shows bored me. Sure some of the had a few moments but last year no corps with the exception of SCV and Madison on some level made me want to see that again. I like for a corps to do something that makes me want to see more. I left San Antonio last year not really wowEd by anyone. I have been to shows before and would run home and find the next show and off I go. I was not completely bored as you said I was I was just not excited and generally bored if that helps

So what news of 2014 has you so unexcited? What news of 2014 WOULD excite you?

And it's chaddyt.