Not Excited - Boredom has Set in

I know I can't be the only one getting annoyed by these "I'm leaving drum corps forever" threads. Is anyone expected to care? Just move on quietly and save us all the time and effort.

And then you can pretend all is well in the kingdom. If the threads annoy you, you could perhaps not read them.

• Like 2

I know I can't be the only one getting annoyed by these "I'm leaving drum corps forever" threads. Is anyone expected to care? Just move on quietly and save us all the time and effort.

I'm with you. Boredom has set in from these awful troll posts, such as the one from the OP. Ignoring users is a good thing, and short of someone quoting in a reply I won't see anything from this particular boring troll again

And then you can pretend all is well in the kingdom. If the threads annoy you, you could perhaps not read them.

On the same hand, others can, IDK, not post in forums of boring activities. I know trolls gonna troll and all, but I also understand people who want to talk World Class DCI drum corps get annoyed/tired/bored by the constant sniping of the activity, the overly dramatic, "hey, I'm an awful troll with no life who needs attention so let me just say it: this activity is boring me: now look at me and give me attention please" type of nonsense, wastes of bandwidth. Crap like the OP is part of the problem/reason why so many people who are actually actively involved in the activity (current MM's, staffers, designers, directors, judges, etc) don't take DCP seriously at all.

• Like 3

On the same hand, others can, IDK, not post in forums of boring activities. I know trolls gonna troll and all, but I also understand people who want to talk World Class DCI drum corps get annoyed/tired/bored by the constant sniping of the activity, the overly dramatic, "hey, I'm an awful troll with no life who needs attention so let me just say it: this activity is boring me: now look at me and give me attention please" type of nonsense, wastes of bandwidth. Crap like the OP is part of the problem/reason why so many people who are actually actively involved in the activity (current MM's, staffers, designers, directors, judges, etc) don't take DCP seriously at all.

Wow - just wow...

I am a traditionalist at heart, but I will have to say that I have found the shows in 2011, 2012, and 2013 to be more audience friendly and accessible while at the same time being innovative. Certainly more so than some of the previous years. I also go to enough shows in the summer to know that there are not tons of people sitting in their hands and leaving disgusted. I do think a good number of fans wish there were still shows like those of the 70's and 80's which may be why corps such as SCV and Troopers were so well received last year, but I'm not sure they are bored to tears with the other corps.

Now what I do wish we would see more of is a shake up in placement. Crown winning last year really made things memorable, and Madison, BAC, and Cavies battling for 7th-9th was exciting, but we knew by the end of June how things would probably finish. I always find shows more exciting when the results are different from what we expect.

• Like 1

Actually, it's interesting to hear from people and why they are giving up on the new marching bands. I know my sig pretty much covers what some people here do every day 24/7 with 10k posts demeaning every thread OP like this one. Feedback is important whether you agree with it or not or whether you think they are intelligent or not. Even as a snob, you can only dismiss lost revenue for so long

Listening to different opinions is fine. And the commentary about his experience last year was noted and I respect his opinions of last year's shows "going over his head". But seriously, for someone to say that they are "bored" and "not excited" for this year without having any information about what this year holds is childish. He could have just talked about his opinion of last years show and then a discussion would have ensued. But complaining that he is "bored"? I mean, watch the video above to see how that sounds.

Plus, on the opposite end of the spectrum, something you need to understand, is that someone who effectively pays for and enjoys modern drum corps and the actively expresses their positive opinions of DCI and/or DCI corps and shows is neither a DCI apologists, ignorant nor naive. Maybe you can take your own advice and realize that feedback, even ones you disagree with (ie positive feedback in your case) is important. And is there anything that stifles the discussion that you "oh so care about" more than constantly referring to your "sig" for people that share different opinions than you?

No single post anyone types can be reasonably seen as more important than any other... and the world turns...

Edited by charlie1223
  • Like 1

We've heard this same thing over and over and over again. The dead horse is dead, bro. You can all stop beating it.

I loved last year with the exception of SCV. Been there. Heard that. Over it.

So...RContra....this OP has stated over and over again they are disappointed with the activity? Or...perhaps (more accurately) it is the same message but from a different person. Seems to me it is a sentiment shared by many. Sorry if you think everything is wine and roses....many who have loved the activity for most of their lives don't feel the same way....don't like it...don't read/respond to it......

Sorry you didnt like 2013 scv....you were in the minority.....imo

Edited by Triple Forte

Edited by Triple Forte