Not Excited - Boredom has Set in

Why does it do that? How are things in your black and white world? Maybe, just maybe, not everyone who says something positive about DCI is an apologist. Maybe they genuinely enjoy what DCI is and has to offer. It's a shame that the shows no longer entertain the OP, but I'm not 100% sure what his aim was posting it out here in a separate thread instead of one of the myriad others saying about the same thing.

It does it because the same people consistently jump on any thread like this like vampires drawn to blood. I can and do see colors. Fortunately I don't see everything in red as I don't wear those rose colored sunglasses. His aim is apparent, he posted his displeasure about current DCI circuit bands in a forum for said activity. Seems rational to me.

Edited by Mello Dude

Anytime I see a person complain about "modern art" being over their heads, the only thing I can think is "....well that explains who's buying all those paintings of clowns and kittens at local art fairs."

Edited by Slingerland
  • Like 5

It does it because the same people consistently jump on any thread like this like vampires drawn to blood. I can and do see colors. Fortunately I don't see everything in red as I don't wear those rose colored sunglasses. His aim is apparent, he posted his displeasure about current DCI circuit bands in a forum for said activity. Seems rational to me.

What other threads are we supposed to jump on? It's the off-season. If you share the same feelings as those being expressed in an all-but-identical thread, post them in that thread. For the same reason that the 1,834 threads complaining about BD seemingly every year get merged into one. I don't understand the need for each member who's disenchanted with the current state of DCI programs to start another topic that's exactly the same.

You can, sure. It's a free country. But don't expect to not get called out about it.

• Like 1

On the same hand, others can, IDK, not post in forums of boring activities. I know trolls gonna troll and all, but I also understand people who want to talk World Class DCI drum corps get annoyed/tired/bored by the constant sniping of the activity, the overly dramatic, "hey, I'm an awful troll with no life who needs attention so let me just say it: this activity is boring me: now look at me and give me attention please" type of nonsense, wastes of bandwidth. Crap like the OP is part of the problem/reason why so many people who are actually actively involved in the activity (current MM's, staffers, designers, directors, judges, etc) don't take DCP seriously at all.

Good point. I forgot the "this is why all important summer band movers and shakers don't take DCP seriously" that gets added to the replies. So afraid that someone might agree that you have to dismiss the entire forum. Another nice tactic borrowed from the political class.

Here's what I see: someone posts they don't like the product for any of a number of reasons. And what do we get in reply? A discussion of why someone likes the product? No. We get ad hominem attacks. That says a lot about who really is the childish person.

Edited by HockeyDad
  • Like 2

Here's what I see: someone posts they don't like the product for any of a number of reasons. And what do we get in reply? A discussion of why someone likes the product? No. We get ad hominem attacks. That says a lot about who really is the childish person.

Bingo.

• Like 1

What other threads are we supposed to jump on? It's the off-season. If you share the same feelings as those being expressed in an all-but-identical thread, post them in that thread. For the same reason that the 1,834 threads complaining about BD seemingly every year get merged into one. I don't understand the need for each member who's disenchanted with the current state of DCI programs to start another topic that's exactly the same.

You can, sure. It's a free country. But don't expect to not get called out about it.

Perhaps, the forum admin should sticky this topic at the top of the forum then rather than getting buried if this is such a huge issue?

Anytime I see a person complain about "modern art" being over their heads, the only thing I can think is "....well that explains who's buying all those paintings of clowns and kittens at local art fairs."

Sadly, more of those are made and sold than DCI finals DVD's.

I notice that the OP is nowhere to be found. Was he scared away because he lacks conviction or because was intimidated by the responses?

Possibly, just possibly, he's a troll. We don't like trolls here any more than we like weak spines and opinions.

Was it possible that he'd have stayed around if the responses were more favorable to his opinion? Seems unlikely. But maybe the OP didn't understand the nature of a public opinion forum board.

Hey, OP! Any further comments or were just having a bad day?

• Like 1