The Cavaliers are going to announce their 2014 tomorrow!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2wh00iMa2s

I love this piece of music!

Me too! It's the best of the bunch that they're playing this year, imho.

What I hope is that the Melillo piece is the main piece throughout the show, and they'll give us When I am Laid in Earth as the "ballad". I hope that the best parts of Danse Macbre and Opus 110 are woven into A Walk on the Water. There are some exciting moment in those two pieces, but they're also some down moments that could drag the show. The Melillo piece is great though!

Me too! It's the best of the bunch that they're playing this year, imho.

What I hope is that the Melillo piece is the main piece throughout the show, and they'll give us When I am Laid in Earth as the "ballad". I hope that the best parts of Danse Macbre and Opus 110 are woven into A Walk on the Water. There are some exciting moment in those two pieces, but they're also some down moments that could drag the show. The Melillo piece is great though!

I agree, I am interested in the visual design with this music... I thought the drill was much better than 2012. This year should be interesting for the corps

"Take Me Home, Rockstar: One Direction Meets Nickelback"

Michael, I think you're being a little hard on the corps (I jest, of course.) by setting such high expectations, although, as an alum, you certainly have every right to (not that they may not deserve it, especially after the way they marched [NOT] at DeKalb last year) - but it certainly made me laugh! It helps to ease the pain of witnessing that performance. My eyes are still grieving - by the end of the show they had stormed through denial and were consumed with anger. After the contest, they were bargaining, as I wandered trying to find someone of the old guard to set things right. They have been in depression ever since, unable to accept that a corps that I taught, and that produced some very good instructors in their own right, could stray so far from the standards of excellence once enjoyed. As Gene Wilder/Dr. Frankenstein said to Marty Feldman/Igor in "Young Frankenstein" - "#### your eyes!" And Marty Feldman/Igor replied - "Too late." Alas, the damage had already been done. Apropos of what transpired in DeKalb.

One may still hold hope for the future, and once again there may be a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow. I'm not sure this year's program is it, but that's only because I have a "Jaded" view, my friend.

Edited by BeenThereDoneThat
  • Like 1

I may be biased, but this show has the chance of being really awesome.

Hey, it's Jeremy. Where are you these days? Still down there close to Mexico?

Michael, I think you're being a little hard on the corps (I jest, of course.) by setting such high expectations, although, as an alum, you certainly have every right to (not that they may not deserve it, especially after the way they marched [NOT] at DeKalb last year) - but it certainly made me laugh! It helps to ease the pain of witnessing that performance. My eyes are still grieving - by the end of the show they had stormed through denial and were consumed with anger. After the contest, they were bargaining, as I wandered trying to find someone of the old guard to set things right. They have been in depression ever since, unable to accept that a corps that I taught, and that produced some very good instructors in their own right, could stray so far from the standards of excellence once enjoyed. As Gene Wilder/Dr. Frankenstein said to Marty Feldman/Igor in "Young Frankenstein" - "#### your eyes!" And Marty Feldman/Igor replied - "Too late." Alas, the damage had already been done. Apropos of what transpired in DeKalb.

One may still hold hope for the future, and once again there may be a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow. I'm not sure this year's program is it, but that's only because I have a "Jaded" view, my friend.

By last year I presume you mean 2013? Those black bags made it impossible to tell where the actual marching member was inside all that stuff, which in turn interfered with precision. Once they were out of those things the drill got better, although the drill in the middle portion of the show was a bit muddled (the design, I mean) so it wasn't until the last third or so that the visual effect really impressed. Still, I don't see justification for all the wailing and gnashing of teeth you seem to be going through.

I agree, I am interested in the visual design with this music... I thought the drill was much better than 2012. This year should be interesting for the corps

The visual identity is what has made their brand, how they visually support this program will make or break it.

The visual identity is what has made their brand, how they visually support this program will make or break it.

True, but the arrangements of the music will also factor in the success of the show in a major way.