The Progression of Performance Art in DCI

some trolls just dont know how to do it right I guess....lol......but he does do all the things you said and is very smart...although now a days anyone can look up anything on the web...and the well formed opinions usually come.....like in this post where many have challenged him then he disappears only to come back and bangs out answers faster than anyone can reply....I have visions of him working on them before coming back...lol..maybe its a good thing...lol................and as far as WHY he does what he does.....which you stated ( not me....lol ) I am pretty darn sure why BUT wouldnt post it here for a few reasons....and yet ( ARE YOU LISTENING STUIE? ) everyone is entitled to have a voice..............although that doesnt mean everyone SHOULD speak......I learned that a long time ago...talk for the sake of talk...is just that...............alot of noise and usually doesnt even get heard....even if its being said directly to people...I will give you this..you do get heard...at least for a while...mainly because of the extremes you take....but I think you know that. :biggrin:

I tend to believe that those who type posts on here are for the most part intelligent, and can not only support most of their positions but articulate them in an understandable manner. Except it is sometimes difficult to decipher the stream of conscience postings (hint, hint, ha, ha). And as quickly as I post, I would have to be as fast as Superman to gather up the information you claim that I might just be getting by quickly perusing the internet. And Garfield is correct, I enjoy stirring the pot; it may sometimes make me appear somewhat foolish; but the debate after stirring is what is interesting. :yinyang:

Edited by Stu

This thread needs to be locked. It has literally nothing to do with World Class drum corps except that Stu has said the words "drum corps" several times.

And as the OP my appeal is for it to remain open until it becomes uncivil; because the way we, those of us who have a passion for DCI and drum corps, the way we view all forms of performance art, and the way we view all aspects of art and DCI through the prism of our own beliefs, is a vital part of how the DCI activity will potentially proceed into the future.

Edited by Stu

And as the OP my appeal is for it to remain open until it becomes uncivil; because the way we who have a passion for DCI and drum corps, the way we view other forms of performance art,and the way we view those through the prism of our own beliefs, is a vital part of how the DCI activity will potentially proceed into the future.

No, it really isn't. Unless you make a difference in DCI what with your unquotable frequent conversations and all. :tounge2:

• Like 1

I tend to believe that those who type posts on here are for the most part intelligent, and can not only support most of their positions but articulate them in an understandable manner. Except it is sometimes difficult to decipher the stream of conscience postings (hint, hint, ha, ha). And as quickly as I post, I would have to be as fast as Superman to gather up the information you claim that I might just be getting by quickly perusing the internet. And Garfield is correct, I enjoy stirring the pot; it may sometimes make me appear somewhat foolish; but the debate after stirring is what is interesting. :fight:

you arent stirring any pot for reason of discussion or debate....but I'm very sure this isnt the 1st time you have heard this...and please dont worry..it doesnt APPEAR to make you look foolish :bigsmile:

you arent stirring any pot for reason of discussion or debate....but I'm very sure this isnt the 1st time you have heard this...and please dont worry..it doesnt APPEAR to make you look foolish :bigsmile:

Like if you agree!

And as the OP my appeal is for it to remain open until it becomes uncivil; because the way we, those of us who have a passion for DCI and drum corps, the way we view all forms of performance art, and the way we view all aspects of art and DCI through the prism of our own beliefs, is a vital part of how the DCI activity will potentially proceed into the future.

How it potentially proceeds in the future? Prism of our own beliefs? Does any of this have any substantiative evidence, or are you just trying to hear yourself talk at this point?

• Like 1

This thread needs to be locked. It has literally nothing to do with World Class drum corps except that Stu has said the words "drum corps" several times.

Agree, lock it.

• Like 1

I find it interesting in that some who claim to be tolerant, accepting, perception, relative, are the ones who begin to call for censorship when they run into someone like me in which they find to be idiotic, unreasonable, and disagreeing with their perceptions of what does or does not influence art and specifically art within the realm of DCI. So, as long as this debate reamins civil I, as the OP again see no reason to censor the thread.

Footnote: If all of you 'tolerant' people find my positions on art, DCI, along with various belief structures and how they influence art as being intolerable, and you do not want to debate them, well ya do not have to engage in this thread now do ya. Just sayin'.

Edited by Stu