The Progression of Performance Art in DCI

... from the artist's perspective her intentions for the art do not come from an immoral or depraved place...

I isolated this statement because those who engage in the organization I am no longer going to name also claim: 'from their own perspective of their intentions that their behavior does not come from an immoral or depraved place either'. This is also the same problem with relying on the self-claim by Millie Brown that her behavior is “artistic beauty from the inside” and not depraved behavior.

Some of her work! :silly::throwupen: :throwupen: :throwupen: :throwupen: :throwupen: :throwupen: :throwupen: :throwupen: :throwupen: :throwupen: :throwupen: :throwupen: :throwupen: :throwupen: :throwupen: :throwupen: :throwupen::silly:

enhanced-buzz-14589-1301568694-41.jpgarticle-2325544-19D0A265000005DC-144_634tumblr_n2myypF7OE1rvl75xo1_500.jpg

Don't put Stu through this! It'll just remind him of his logic and prompt him to post again. :tounge2:

I isolated this statement because those who engage in the organization I am no longer going to name also claim: 'from their own perspective of their intentions that their behavior does not come from an immoral or depraved place either'. This is also the same problem with relying on the self-claim by Millie Brown that her behavior is artistic beauty from the inside and not depraved behavior.

How ironic. You say we can't rely on her claim that her behavior is artistic beauty, but we're all supposed to rely on your claim that it's depraved behavior.

• Like 1

I isolated this statement because those who engage in the organization I am no longer going to name also claim: 'from their own perspective of their intentions that their behavior does not come from an immoral or depraved place either'. This is also the same problem with relying on the self-claim by Millie Brown that her behavior is “artistic beauty from the inside” and not depraved behavior.

NO. Her art is between herself and/or consenting adults. There is no comparison to that and something that involves individuals used against their will or coerced.

PLUS, I am NOT relying on just her "self-claim" to decide whether or not it is depraved. immoral =/= disgusting

Edited by charlie1223

NO. Her art is between herself and/or consenting adults. There is no comparison to that and something that involves individuals used against their will or coerced.

But this has to do with what the person engaging in the behavior believes not people on the outside evaluating their behavior. In 'their' minds, in 'their' perspective', they 100% disagree with you; because they claim no coercion, no depravity, and no immorality exist and in 'their' minds everyone engaging in the behavior with them consent. The same way that Millie Brown and Gaga, and they do perform in front of minors by the way, in 'their' minds in 'their' perspective claim that 'their' behavior is 'beauty from within' and not depraved behavior irrespective of what people on the outside believe.

But this has to do with what the person engaging in the behavior believes not people on the outside evaluating their behavior. In 'their' minds, in 'their' perspective', they 100% disagree with you; because they claim no coercion, no depravity, and no immorality exist and in 'their' minds everyone engaging in the behavior with them consent. The same way that Millie Brown and Gaga, and they do perform in front of minors by the way, in 'their' minds in 'their' perspective claim that 'their' behavior is 'beauty from within' and not depraved behavior irrespective of what people on the outside believe.

In the same way that I Think what I do is not morally deprave, in the same way you believe what you do is not morally depraved... so what? We each have our own subjective morals and most of us get to live them out freely. Some of us do not because of laws but there is nothing we can do to change what a person believes is morally right or wrong. And I don't think its our business to change what someone believes to be is morally wrong, we are not thought police.

Now you'll say... oh we have laws!!

We create laws not to impose a moral code on other people, but basically we have laws to protect us from other people's "moral code" so to speak. It may be moral for someone to kill me but I do not want to be killed so we make a law saying someone can't kill me even if you feel it is morally justified. (If i did consent to wanting to die it would be euthanasia a practice that is seen as moral and immoral by many people)

We can live freely to the point that we do not "harm" (in its most general usage) others and that we only personally engage in things that we implicitly or explicitly consent to (again very generally). But morally we are free to believe, (though not always practice), whatever subjective morals we would like! (feel free to use the same logic to the 'organization').

Edited by charlie1223

Howard Stern joking about flatuance does not make him the devil. And If you are going to reference my opinion about flatulence jokes please reference it in proper context to what I actually typed. I did not say it was ‘ok’ in drum corps, I said it was 'childish and immature bathroom humor which I do not find funny'.

but you arent raging against them. you're just raging about the fact someone may fake puke on the field.

Hey, Pete...If you play Crown's narration to last year's show backwards and at the speed of pi, you can distinctly hear "Paul is Not dead, he's writing for Gaga...Paul is Not dead, he's writing for Gaga...Paul is Not dead, he's writing for Gaga...."

Blows one's mind.

I think I heard that he was the walrus too.

I'm thankful for DCP's sake that GH never let the demons win as was discussed early on.

Imagine how many pages stu would waste on it, then! :tounge2:

Stu still hasn't addressed Bayonne letting the South Win the war in 1980. I mean they tried to re-write history from a Confederacy POV! Now, if I could only remember if Bama or Auburn won the impromptu football game at the end of the show.....