The Progression of Performance Art in DCI

I would just like the members of the governing bodies of DCI, WGI, and BOA, since they are youth activities, to create some sort of regulations on designs as a preventative measure because of the cultural movement going down the path of accepting Gaga vomit as performance art. Nothing more.

Okay, but the people running DCI and WGI seem to be those you say endorse vomit as performance art. So they would be making the rules, and you seem to be implying that they're the ones sending us down this path, even though there is no hard evidence of such behavior actually going in DCI/WGI/BOA.

It seems like you want everyone on your morals, since that's what you're pushing, and calling everything past that "depraved perversion." You have no evidence whatsoever that DCI designers are going to put any of the aspects of Lady Gaga or Miley Cyrus on the field. None at all. But you're railing against them as if they're Satanic polygamists who want kids fornicating and puking on each other on the field.

Apparently you are only inferring what you want from what I have typed. I have stated, for the record, and in this thread, that the current designers are not designing morally bankrupt shows; and I have stated for the record I do not want to 'force' my moral compas onto the activity. However, I have also stated that many see no harm in Gaga, Cyrus, etc and that belief structure will, through accepted instrumentalism, inch its way into DCI, WGI, and BOA if the governing bodies of those organizations are not proactive. That is my concern.

Well, clearly if we are having these increases in knowledge, then our "regression" of morals isn't causing humanity to explode and go to hell in a hand-basket. And it's not like the past was a shiny example of moral turpitude. Racial insensitivity, sexual repression, domestic abuse, rape had more grey area, murder was allowed if it was for violating someone's honor, women were whores if they showed ankle or wrist. Take the rose-colored glasses off, the world isn't going down the toilet all of a sudden.

And all of this shows that as free beings we dive into moral depravity when faced in an ‘anything goes’ society without the use of laws, rules, and regulations holding people to a higher moral standard.

Okay, but the people running DCI and WGI seem to be those you say endorse vomit as performance art. So they would be making the rules, and you seem to be implying that they're the ones sending us down this path, even though there is no hard evidence of such behavior actually going in DCI/WGI/BOA.

They may not vocally support, but staying silent is a tacit form of support.

That made absolutely no sense. But it did prove 1/2 of my point. We'll wait for poster #2 to check in.

Let me make it more clear; I am now, and have been for a while, only continuing to post responses in this thread to postings by other people, like the posting box with your name in it found here.

Edited by Stu

Let me make it more clear; I am now, and have been for a while, only continuing to post responses in this thread to postings by other people, like the posting box with your name in it found here.

And proving my point that you and one other need to get in the last word.