Drum Corps Bracket Tourney

I love the idea and many good shows are included, but if we are looking at the "best," even if we have not always greed with the judging, most of the champions have to be included. Also some of the famous runners-up. People still debate 79's PR 2nd place, 80's 27th 2nd place, 89's PR 2nd place and 2009 and 2012 for Crown. Also what about crowd favorites like 99 Madison and 2011 Crown. Also no Bridgemen? Perhaps beloved would be a better word than best.

Still, this is an excellent effort and could yield interesting results.

99 Madison is in the bracket. Again, the point of the bracket as I designed it was to focus on corps that are currently in DCI (and the few other shows that EVERYBODY knows about) and get the best representation of those corps. Perhaps an "NIT" version may be coming soon? :wink:

Thanks for the feedback :smile:

Voting for the first round will end at 9 PM CST tonight, and the brackets for the second round will be updated and ready to vote on tomorrow morning.

The results for round 1 have been posted! See who "survived and advanced", who got went home early and which Cinderella corps pulled off the biggest upset of all time!

http://marchingarenas.blogspot.com/2014/03/drum-corps-bracket-tourney-first-round.html

And due to several people's requests, I have created a second bracket tourney focusing on shows from the "vintage" decades of the 1970's and 1980's. Voting will open for round 1 of this bracket at 9 AM CST on 3/23..

http://marchingarenas.blogspot.com/2014/03/drum-corps-bracket-tourney-vintage.html

Voting is now open for both the Vintage bracket and round 2 of the regular bracket.

http://marchingarenas.blogspot.com/

Second-round voting for the bracket tourney and first-round voting for the vintage tourney is over. Votes are being totaled and results will be announced tomorrow. However, it looks like I may have to DQ one group, because there's one poll where it looks pretty obvious that there's been some vote-tampering going on. While this is for fun, please remember that there's no cheating.

Second-round voting for the bracket tourney and first-round voting for the vintage tourney is over. Votes are being totaled and results will be announced tomorrow. However, it looks like I may have to DQ one group, because there's one poll where it looks pretty obvious that there's been some vote-tampering going on. While this is for fun, please remember that there's no cheating.

When I submitted each vote it took me right back to the voting page each time (as if I hadn't voted yet), without telling me whether my vote had been taken. So I would click it again and it would then tell me my vote was already counted and then show me the results. If these votes were counted twice, then that's a very bad system. In any event there's clearly a bug somewhere.

I'm using Chrome on Windows 7.

This is a fun pool! Also thanks for the tip to the classical one; it's actually a nice reference list of only the top work from each top composer. We had fun with both of these last night.

Edited by Pete Freedman

The next round of voting will start tomorrow at 8 am!

http://marchingarenas.blogspot.com/

Cavies 01 beat Devils 86?!?!? Are y'all high?