Drum Corps Bracket Tourney

Cavies 01 beat Devils 86?!?!? Are y'all high?

I noticed the Devs lost a bunch of times. I think when it comes to classic shows people try to spread the love down the order a bit.

Round 3 voting for the drum corps bracket tournaments is now live: http://marchingarenas.blogspot.com/

Cavies 01 beat Devils 86?!?!? Are y'all high?

I was pretty surprised too, but that's why they call it an upset :smile:

Anaheim Kingsmen 72 vs Phantom Regiment 82:

The first DCI winner, and there's no video of it, which means people will vote based purely on the fact that they were the first DCI champions, vs. the first iteration of Spartacus.

I wonder how many people are voting for their favorite corps in each case, regardless of what they played.

It says round 2 on the page. FYI

That's referring to the vintage tournament, which got started later (and has 1 less round of competition) and thus is only on the second round.

That's referring to the vintage tournament, which got started later (and has 1 less round of competition) and thus is only on the second round.

Ah, so you have to look under and to the left of the current blog post to find the right one. Got it. Thanks.

This is so difficult to do because a bracket such as this is trying to judge all time. Now, if we did a bracket like this for each season and as the season approached the mid-point we began to fill out our 1 seeds on down to the lower seeds. Of course, with only 20+ World Class groups we'd likely need to incorporate some Open Class units, but a backet of 32 would be cool.

The all-time great thing is tough to do. Who would be your 1 seeds, 2 seeds, etc.?

My 1 seeds would be: Blue Devils 2010 (debated 1982, love that music), Star of Indiana 1991, Garfield 1987, Carolina Crown 2013

My 2 seeds would be: Cavaliers 2002, Cadets 2005, Blue Devils 1982, Santa Clara Vanguard 1989

My 3 seeds would be: Madison Scouts 1988, Blue Devils 1994, Blue Devils 1986, Cadets 2000

Man, this is so hard, but these are some examples of how I might have seeded the corps.

This is so difficult to do because a bracket such as this is trying to judge all time. Now, if we did a bracket like this for each season and as the season approached the mid-point we began to fill out our 1 seeds on down to the lower seeds. Of course, with only 20+ World Class groups we'd likely need to incorporate some Open Class units, but a backet of 32 would be cool.

The all-time great thing is tough to do. Who would be your 1 seeds, 2 seeds, etc.?

My 1 seeds would be: Blue Devils 2010 (debated 1982, love that music), Star of Indiana 1991, Garfield 1987, Carolina Crown 2013

My 2 seeds would be: Cavaliers 2002, Cadets 2005, Blue Devils 1982, Santa Clara Vanguard 1989

My 3 seeds would be: Madison Scouts 1988, Blue Devils 1994, Blue Devils 1986, Cadets 2000

Man, this is so hard, but these are some examples of how I might have seeded the corps.

Nice choices. BD 82 is a great show. I would have to include Cadets 2011 (Angels & Demons) as a 1 seed, along with BD 2010 and Star 93. After that it gets really hard.

Edited by Pete Freedman

Someone mentioned how great some of the 2nd place corps were over the years (even one 3rd place corps). How about this for 1 seeds:

Star of Indiana 93 (maybe should have won)

SCV 1987 (could have won)

Blue Devils 1988 (dominated the year and what a fab show)

Phantom Regiment 1989 (also could have easily won)

If you think about, the 4 corps above would be tough to beat any year.

Edited by jwillis35