Drum Corps Bracket Tourney

Galen I actually think you did a good job with this. Pretty fun stuff.

• Like 1

The results show why fan voting as part of official DCI scores would be a terrible idea

Yup!!! Now, at a local show, to determine a fan favorite for the night, that could be doable, but not as any percentage of the actual vote. For example, if DCI Championships were ever to make it back to California, chances are pretty good that BD and SCV would be 1 & 2 in some order on most ballots regardless of the shows simply because of "home field advantage."

I'd like to see one of these starting the Sunday after finals, with the top 32 corps (with OC corps starting where WC corps end). Corps 1,2,3,4 would be seeded #1 in regions 1,2,3, and 4 respectively (so Santa Clara would be #1 in region 4), and corps 5,6,7,8 would be ranked 2 in those regions, etc. The bracket list would include the corps name and show title.

The requirements are:

1. You should actually have seen the shows in question in a late season contest live or on FN,

2. You are judging your assessment of the shows' popular impact, similar to American Idol or America's Got Talent. Entertainment! One way to think of it is answering a question like, which show would the public like more? or which show would produce a larger fan base among the general public? These questions are extremely difficult to answer, but it would be fun trying.

It would certainly draw attention to DCP after finals, which would be good for DCP and for the activity, IMO.

Voting for round 3 of the bracket tournament and round 2 of the vintage tournament has concluded. Did all of the top seeds make it to the Elite Eight? You'll just have to check back tomorrow to find out! :smile:

Results for the Sweet 16 and voting for the Elite 8 is online! The results were very close in several of the matchups. Voting for the next round will run through 9 PM CST on March 31st since the polls went up late today.

It's fairly bizarre that only one Blue Devils show made it out of round one, and that one died in round two. I mean, My Spanish Heart was not as classic as Jersey Surf's Bridgemania? Is that what y'all are sayin?

It's fairly bizarre that only one Blue Devils show made it out of round one, and that one died in round two. I mean, My Spanish Heart was not as classic as Jersey Surf's Bridgemania? Is that what y'all are sayin?

People like modern shows more than old ones? Blasphemy.