Carolina Crown 2014

Something about a mad composer and a quest to find a perfect ending. Over the course of the quest, the corps pays homage to (some might say "emulates") great shows and corps from the past. Let me know if I'm wrong.

Pay homage to: yes definitely.

Emulate: not so much.

"Crown doesn't emulate anyone."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuzJChRUE_U

:tounge2:

Edit to add smiley, lest it be thought that I'm taking a serious swipe at Crown, or their show designs.

I am envious of anyone that got to see 1:32 live.......Dear God that wall of sound. The intro just teases you with it :peek: and then that massive brass hit happens :babies:

Finis was so sick. I could say that about almost every Crown show now. :)

I am envious of anyone that got to see 1:32 live.......Dear God that wall of sound. The intro just teases you with it :peek: and then that massive brass hit happens :babies:

Those legs. That's how babies are made.

Isn't that Sandstorm? They played that in 2001

Isn't that Sandstorm? They played that in 2001

Oh, wow, that took some work for me to hunt down just now. I'd actually checked Corpsreps to see if anyone had used it in general, and it doesn't seem to have a mention there. (There's another "Sandstorm" mentioned, but not by Darude.) I had to check Crown's Wikipedia page the second time around. A not-too-thorough video search hasn't turned up much. (My brain's tired. I don't recommend job hunting at 2am.)

I'm really looking forward to seeing Crown Thursday night - haven't seen them live in a couple weeks.

I was extremely impressed by them (via FN) on Saturday night... seems like they are cleaning up quickly and the program is growing by leaps and bounds

Can't wait!!

I'm really looking forward to seeing Crown Thursday night - haven't seen them live in a couple weeks.

I was extremely impressed by them (via FN) on Saturday night... seems like they are cleaning up quickly and the program is growing by leaps and bounds

Can't wait!!

More importantly, you can sense the energy coming out of their show even on FN and that's a success to me.i remember 2013 becoming a bit stale towards the end of the season until they added the new closer. Doesn't seem to be the case this year. Edited by Cappybara