Carolina Crown 2014

Final push guys. I want to see this show push past SCV and grab the brass caption at finals, even if they don't manage to get the Ott overall.

Final push guys. I want to see this show push past SCV and grab the brass caption at finals, even if they don't manage to get the Ott overall.

Really not sure what you are saying?

Crown, be proud of your energy, your determination, your willingness to put that level of demand on the field and to succeed. Judging is opinions so when you're up, be grateful, and when they push you down, be humble. IMO, the top 5 this year are phenomenal and should all be within a point. Good luck tonight.

Really not sure what you are saying?

What do you mean? Crown can win the caption tonight, but probably can't win the cumulative Ott award unless BD fracks every note in the trumpet opening.

Sad to see that Crown's designers wasted such talent on a poorly designed show. Fifth place does not do justice to what could have been achieved with a better put together show.

Edited by Nachfolger Christi
  • Like 1

Said to see that Crown's designers wasted such talent on a poorly designed show. Fifth place does not do justice to what could have been achieved with a better put together show.

To be honest I'm not understanding Crown's low GE scores. I can see enough visual dirt to justify their low visual scores and their percussion is of course a huge downer for them, but I still don't think the design of this show is that bad.

Cappybara,

I don't want to point out the weaknesses, but I must mention the show's disjointed nature. There is way too much clutter on the field that is not utilized much at all. The difficulty level is too high and this is obvious by the fact that they have had little success in cleaning it well at all. I was amazed at how poorly the final minute of show is marched. If you see that something is too difficult or you don't have enough time to clean it, you simplify it. Crown did not have the opportunity to clean much because the concept of the show itself had to go through too many changes. I mean, trampolines are not normally safe in the yards of people's homes. In fact, most home insurance companies won't even cover liability for them. But, the staff has the great idea of putting four of them with no safety equipment on the field as an eye sore. Sorry, you get no GE for that type of stupidity. The members have really put forth sooo much effort to this show, but in many ways it had little chance of contending this year. Designers much match talent to design, not simply dream up concepts they hope will work.

Cappybara,

I don't want to point out the weaknesses, but I must mention the show's disjointed nature. There is way too much clutter on the field that is not utilized much at all. The difficulty level is too high and this is obvious by the fact that they have had little success in cleaning it well at all. I was amazed at how poorly the final minute of show is marched. If you see that something is too difficult or you don't have enough time to clean it, you simplify it. Crown did not have the opportunity to clean much because the concept of the show itself had to go through too many changes. I mean, trampolines are not normally safe in the yards of people's homes. In fact, most home insurance companies won't even cover liability for them. But, the staff has the great idea of putting four of them with no safety equipment on the field as an eye sore. Sorry, you get no GE for that type of stupidity. The members have really put forth sooo much effort to this show, but in many ways it had little chance of contending this year. Designers much match talent to design, not simply dream up concepts they hope will work.

Perhaps you're looking for a different word than disjointed. This final product is anything but disjointed. It has a pretty coherent and flowing storyline. Maybe you're thinking "cluttered" to which I can agree with you to a small degree. And yes, I acknowledged they were not very clean.