Carolina Crown 2014

Your " numbers management" seem a bit ridiculous too however... as the judges did not have BD " winning by 3 points ".

I think he meant 3 points over Crown (at least that's what I assumed since it's the Crown thread)

• Like 1

I was referring to the spread between BD and Crown since that is the thread we are in BRASSO.

• 2 weeks later...

There's some CRAZY marching and playing talent in Japan. Granted, they march indoors but their precision in the high schools groups is insane.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Watching Crown's 2014 show again, I noticed an interesting change in the show from the early season to finals. During the hit for Major Tom during the ballad, at the decrescendo at the end, there was a mellophone run that ran quite smoothly into the ending of the piece. However, listening to late season (anything after San Antonio), they changed the mellophone run to repeat a phrase and go on from there and from an arrangement point of view it seems to take away from the musical performance. Can anyone offer any insight regarding this change?

It seemed to worsen the show rather than improve it, but that's just my two cents.

I'm glad someone brought this topic back up. I want to say bravo to the Crown colorguard. I am amazed at how much they improved from the beginning to the end of the season. Great work!!!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know if Crown will be sharing Video's of their performance's in Japan? I hope so =)