Thankfully, BC didnt go the "costume" route like so many other corps have done. I still prefer their old unis, but at least they maintained the Cadet style.

The digital printing has been big in the color guard uniforms recently, so I expect it to spread to the corps proper uniforms. I know SCV 2012's guard uniforms were printed.

I like the asymmetry of the straps. Creates a different look to it

yes it has.....i like the asymmetry also.....i know guard unis.( because they change all the time ) but corps uniforms..can open a whole new avenue for multiple possibilities

Edited by GUARDLING

yes it has.....i like the asymmetry also.....i know guard unis.( because they change all the time ) but corps uniforms..can open a whole new avenue for multiple possibilities

You're right. This could lead to whole new possibilities with uniform changes in shows. Instead of needing multiple layers, they could even have uniforms that can be turned inside out for a change.

Not too bad but I can't believe another corps that had an iconic classy uniform felt the need to change it. Change for the sake of change is rarely good.

Not too bad but I can't believe another corps that had an iconic classy uniform felt the need to change it. Change for the sake of change is rarely good.

Not changing for the sake of not changing can also have its drawbacks. I think, when taking in the totality of the overall organizational makeover this groups has undertaken in recent years, a uniform makeover was not entirely unwarranted or inappropriate. They've been retrofitting their organization for the future, and this looks to be just a part of that process. And as anyone can see, it's still distinctively the Boston Crusaders, complete with branding on the actual uniform. Classic, yet modern. A nod to the past, yet an eye to the future. All good things, and still very much a "classy" look for the corps.

• Like 6

This looks awesome to me ! Traditional, yet stylishly modern at the same time. They retained their long time Corps colors of their Red & Black, but with more Black added this time around to replace more of the White they had of late. The White plumes will be replaced with Black plumes I think I heard. I like their new Unis... off the pics here anyway. What do others here think ?

I totally agree. This is a GREAT blend of old school + new school!

Not changing for the sake of not changing can also have its drawbacks. I think, when taking in the totality of the overall organizational makeover this groups has undertaken in recent years, a uniform makeover was not entirely unwarranted or inappropriate. They've been retrofitting their organization for the future, and this looks to be just a part of that process. And as anyone can see, it's still distinctively the Boston Crusaders, complete with branding on the actual uniform. Classic, yet modern. A nod to the past, yet an eye to the future. All good things, and still very much a "classy" look for the corps.

OP here, and I could not have said it better. I really like the waldo branding. I feel like the old uniform was red. and that was about it. It looked too standard. But the new one is unique to boston.

Assuming the uni has been digital printed

( waldo ) imagine what thats going to open up.....and will it mean alot of uniform changes in the future

Man I've seen some of Fred J Miller's newest stuff as far as digital printing, and you are not kidding how it will change the look for uniforms. Literally anything anyone could imagine can be printed into the fabric

• Like 1

Yeah - check out their online catalogs at www.fjminc.com - the fall 2013 one has last season's DCI and BOA stuff. Pretty wild.

After having a day to think about this uniform... the Waldo on the shako is awesome - can't believe it took this long for someone to think of that. It's definitely a futuristic version of the classic Boston uniform - nobody will have trouble recognizing them, for sure.

The only real concern I see is that the fade from dark red to black is so high up on the jacket, when you see them on the field the red is going to be lost. That might be part of the intent, though, to provide a mostly-neutral pallette for the guard designers to go to work.

It will be interesting to see how these come out looking when in action. They're definitely striking from up close.

Mike

I have no objection to the new uniform, but it's worth considering that in the future, this uniform may itself be considered old fashioned.