Dream Photo Question

Must be a Jr. corps that was in exhibition ... the 72 Dream was Sr. only ... maybe someone can check their old DCN's ... mine are buried in the basement ...

:-)

Looking at the Hurc flags I'm saying 72'.........don't know who is next to us though. Andy's probably right...exibition

Try posting it on Facebook. Maybe someone there has the answer. I don't recall.

Perhaps Andy is correct and it was a junior exhibition corps, but for the life of me, I can't remember a corps with predominantly green uniforms and carrying the 'stars and bars'.

I think you might get an answer from the 60s drum corps group on FB.

When we do get the answer, I'm pretty sure there will be a bunch of forehead slaps and 'of course' being said. Doh!!

Ray

I'm going to guess Chicago Royal Airs (1967). They were in the show and played Battle Hymn. HOWEVER, the uniforms look a little greenish, rather than blue. To make matters worse, two jr. corps in green, Emerald Knights and St.Patrick's Imperials were in the 1966 Dream. Seeing Lefty on the sidelines, too. What year did he pass?

Try posting it on Facebook. Maybe someone there has the answer. I don't recall.

Perhaps Andy is correct and it was a junior exhibition corps, but for the life of me, I can't remember a corps with predominantly green uniforms and carrying the 'stars and bars'.

I think you might get an answer from the 60s drum corps group on FB.

When we do get the answer, I'm pretty sure there will be a bunch of forehead slaps and 'of course' being said. Doh!!

Ray

Not a member of FB Ray. I'm thinking it's 72 also and you and Andy should know from that huge Sky drum line.

Great shot of the Skyliners, but I wish the pic had the entire retreat line up.

Glenn ... it is 1972 ... this pic was taken by a member's father ... we had 7 and 7 in 72 in the front drum line ... I'll look for my DCN's later ... maybe there's an article ... again, 72 was a Sr only show at the Dream ... and only Sun had females in their guard that day ... Petrone usually liked to feature a Jr corps in exhibition ... probably a local GSC corps ...

I'm going to guess Chicago Royal Airs (1967). They were in the show and played Battle Hymn. HOWEVER, the uniforms look a little greenish, rather than blue. To make matters worse, two jr. corps in green, Emerald Knights and St.Patrick's Imperials were in the 1966 Dream. Seeing Lefty on the sidelines, too. What year did he pass?

Fred, the mid-west corps were in the 66 Dream due to the VFW being in NYC. Both the Dream and VFW were at Roosevelt Stadium. St. Lucys, Kilts, Troop, Cavies, R-Airs and Sac. Sky showing timps, think the timps started in 69, plus I can't recall any drumlines that large in the 60's.

Also, looks like Lefty with Hy on his left? Don't know who the guy on the right is.

Glenn ... it is 1972 ... this pic was taken by a member's father ... we had 7 and 7 in 72 in the front drum line ... I'll look for my DCN's later ... maybe there's an article ... again, 72 was a Sr only show at the Dream ... and only Sun had females in their guard that day ... Petrone usually liked to feature a Jr corps in exhibition ... probably a local GSC corps ...

Thanks Andy, and nice work. When I first saw this, I thought that Jr. corps might be St. Joe's Batavia, but with a Rebel flag????

Edited by gsksun4

My guess is that it's a local GSC corps from NJ or PA ... the flag may just be part of a theme show they were doing (those were "in" in 72) ... or, possibly a Jr from Maryland ... who was around at that time?