Dream Photo Question

I began to consider the premise: a Rebel Flag. Perhaps not, I thought.

The Mount Carmel Mounties carried the earlier Canadian color (pre-Maple Leaf), which closely resembled the British Union Jack, which was the model for the CSA color.

The Mounties did perform some exhibitions at DCA shows during this time.

Fascinating though this may be, the uniforms are not those of the Mounties, and the photo is quite clear: it's the Conferate Stars and Bars.

Back to square one.

I marched that show, was on the field at the moment the photo was taken (though the Sunrisers are not in the frame), and simply do not remember anyone who looked like that. Maybe if I try hypnosis and some regression therapy...

Edited by ironlips

Consider the premise: a Rebel Flag

Perhaps not. The Mount Carmel Mounties carried the earlier Canadian color (pre-Maple Leaf), which closely resembled the British Union Jack, which was the model for the CSA color.

The Mounties did perform some exhibitions at DCA shows during this time.

Fascinating though this may be, the uniforms are not those of the Mounties, and the photo is quite clear: it's the Conferate Stars and Bars.

Back to square one.

Thanks FTD. You had my interest anyway and I found this, which confirms your findings:

Scroll down to THE ROYAL UNION FLAG SINCE 1801

http://tmg110.tripod.com/canada_flag.htm

• 2 weeks later...

I'm going to guess Chicago Royal Airs (1967). They were in the show and played Battle Hymn. HOWEVER, the uniforms look a little greenish, rather than blue. To make matters worse, two jr. corps in green, Emerald Knights and St.Patrick's Imperials were in the 1966 Dream. Seeing Lefty on the sidelines, too. What year did he pass?

lefty passed the weekend of 1976 DCA. i think i remember he passed in rochester.

Yes Don and Fred, 1976 in Rochester. Sad weekend for all of us.

Right after he was inducted into the World Drum Corps Hall of Fame, the inaugural class.

Right after he was inducted into the World Drum Corps Hall of Fame, the inaugural class.

actually he died the night of the the first induction class. he never made it. after thinking about it i remember at finals we did a tribute to him. it was sad. and yes i knew lefty very well.

• 3 weeks later...

We have an answer:

BUSHDM1986 was there and says:

Sorry for the long delay. I dug out my old Dream programs and in 1972 the Hudson CYO Band from Hudson MA performed in exhibition. I was at that show and remember their performance. It was odd seeing a band perform at Roosevelt Stadium during The Dream, but they were good. There! Mystery solved!

• Like 1