Dream Photo Question

Glad to finally have an answer. Thanks, Andy! The guy on the right of Lefty reminds me of Bob Glovna.

Good eye Fred......Looks like Glovna to me too...

Unbelievably, there's no write-up of the 72 Dream in DCN ... only the scores are listed ... and all the ads just list the competing corps ... aaaarrrggghhhh ...

Unbelievably, there's no write-up of the 72 Dream in DCN ... only the scores are listed ... and all the ads just list the competing corps ... aaaarrrggghhhh ...

Andy and Ray P., it's alright. While we wait to see if the junior history buffs can identify that corps, I had Batavia on my mind and found this little gem. Listen to this at 12:42, the closing fanfare.

Sound familiar?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbkB2Vxas6k

Edited by gsksun4
  • Like 1

That finishing fanfare is known as "Hell's Kitchen" ... Sky played it in 63 and 64 as part of their opener which led into Little Old NY ...

:-)

• Like 1

That finishing fanfare is known as "Hell's Kitchen" ... Sky played it in 63 and 64 as part of their opener which led into Little Old NY ...

Wasn't it also used at the end of the closer in 75 with the famous 16th notes and the BAM!, before the guard swinging sashes?

Don't think it was played in 75, but then shows changed often back then ... the Alumni played it as part of their opening fanfare one or two years ...

Maybe Fran Haring will remember the corps ... I believe he was in the stands that day watching ...