Dream Photo Question

Don't think it was played in 75, but then shows changed often back then ... the Alumni played it as part of their opening fanfare one or two years ...

True dat. I seem to remember a short crushing drum feature leading into the very ending with the guard doing a sassy stripper thing with their sashes. But it was almost 39 years ago.

Edited by gsksun4

Andy and Ray P., it's alright. While we wait to see if the junior history buffs can identify that corps, I had Batavia on my mind and found this little gem. Listen to this at 12:42, the closing fanfare.

Sound familiar?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbkB2Vxas6k

Wasn't this Ron Allard's "age-in" year????

Maybe Fran Haring will remember the corps ... I believe he was in the stands that day watching ...

:-)

I was at the Dream in 1971. A year early. LOL.

I believe Mighty St. Joe's last season on the field was 1971, so it wouldn't be them.

Among the local-circuit corps with green in their uniforms... the Monarchs, perhaps? Or 507 Hornets? I have no idea.

According to CorpsReps.com, the Monarchs played "War" as part of their 1972 repertoire... but that is not necessarily an indication that they used a Confederate flag in their show.

I'm stumped here.

According to CorpsReps.com, the Monarchs played "War" as part of their 1972 repertoire... but that is not necessarily an indication that they used a Confederate flag in their show.

I'm stumped here.

The Monarchs '72 repertoire was rather "spooky", with: Witches Call, March To The Scaffold, Soul Sacrifice, Evil Ways, Evil Of Eternity, Lullaby From Rosemary's Baby.

Edited by Northern Thunder

The Monarchs '72 repertoire was rather "spooky", with: Witches Call, March To The Scaffold, Soul Sacrifice, Evil Ways, Evil Of Eternity, Lullaby From Rosemary's Baby.

Somehow, I don't think a Confederate flag would fit that theme. :tongue:

Somehow, I don't think a Confederate flag would fit that theme. :tongue:

You should spend some time down here.

Not as far fetched as you think, Yankee...

• Like 1

Maybe Fish will remember who they were ... he would've been standing next to them on retreat ... c'mon it was only 42 years ago! ... we've remembered more obscure things ...

Maybe Fish will remember who they were ... he would've been standing next to them on retreat ... c'mon it was only 42 years ago! ... we've remembered more obscure things ...

No recollection here......and at that juncture on that day, after having come in 2nd again, I was only seeing RED!

>>>Fish sez: No recollection here......and at that juncture on that day, after having come in 2nd again, I was only seeing RED!<<<

Yeah, the body language of Bodnar and Luedee says it all ...