Is there anything the pit CANNOT do?

March

"Bosom's mate" sounds correct to me!

But the hats, why won't they wear hats?

• Like 1

But the hats, why won't they wear hats?

Because those tan lines can get pretty crazy by the end of the summer.

As mentioned before, both these instruments are legal. Reminds me of the water phone they used in 2006. I was pretty sure that after 2004, DCI banned ALL use of water, and then later (2009ish) legalized the use of water as long as it didn't come into contact with the field. Under the rules, that should have been a penalty, but thankfully DCI decided to enforce the spirit, rather than the letter of the rule.

As mentioned before, both these instruments are legal. Reminds me of the water phone they used in 2006. I was pretty sure that after 2004, DCI banned ALL use of water, and then later (2009ish) legalized the use of water as long as it didn't come into contact with the field. Under the rules, that should have been a penalty, but thankfully DCI decided to enforce the spirit, rather than the letter of the rule.

That seems to be the case, that DCI is rather loose with the enforcement of restrictions. No doubt, this is to encourage creativity, which I am all for. I am wondering though, how far individual corps have pushed this. I mean, would DCI say bagpipes are completely out of the question? Bagpipes and slide-whistles seem almost like cousins, if you ask me.

That seems to be the case, that DCI is rather loose with the enforcement of restrictions. No doubt, this is to encourage creativity, which I am all for. I am wondering though, how far individual corps have pushed this. I mean, would DCI say bagpipes are completely out of the question? Bagpipes and slide-whistles seem almost like cousins, if you ask me.

bagpipes=double REED.

chanterannotated.jpg