No Barnum Festival this year?

standy

Heard the same last week ... the "event" has been removed from their website ... no public announcement yet though ... maybe there's still hope ... I attended my first Barnum in 59 and have performed there multiple times with St. Raphael's, Bpt PAL, Sky, PCP and Sky's Alumni ... pity that it's no longer here ...

:-(

Man that would make me sad.

Never cared much for the elephant poop, but besides that one of the all-time great shows, rivaling Mission Drums, The Dream, and the American Legion Championships.

Now you've gone and bummed me out big time.

No worries Ray ... plenty of dung will still be on the parade route ... it's only the show that's been cancelled ...

:wow:

One of the longest-running shows on the DCA schedule... right there with Scranton's Parade of Champions and the Caballeros' Grand Prix.

It would really suck if this show is gone.

• Like 2

Just heard from a friend the Barnum Festival is broke so there will be no show this year They need about $30,000 to keep it going. SO SAD.

Just heard from a friend the Barnum Festival is broke so there will be no show this year They need about $30,000 to keep it going. SO SAD.

very sad if true.....what a great event, what history......several years ago I sat on the Barnum committee and there were many money issues then also, Like many of this sort thing all over the country, its becoming a thing of the past in American culture. At the risk of sounding old..lol tomorrows youth really don't know what they will miss out on......................with many things

Edited by GUARDLING
  • Like 1

Stopped by PCP's rehearsal last night ... found out that DCA and Barnum are trying to workout a financial solution to save the show ... lots of negotiating going on regarding fees and prize money ... not sure what the outcome will be ...

• Like 1

Stopped by PCP's rehearsal last night ... found out that DCA and Barnum are trying to workout a financial solution to save the show ... lots of negotiating going on regarding fees and prize money ... not sure what the outcome will be ...

Thanks for the update, Andy.

Hopefully it's a good outcome and the show will remain on the schedule!!!

So Fran - If there IS a Barnum show this year, are you going to MC it again :devil: ?

• Like 1