Is Drum Corps a sport?

Which drum corps has appeared on a Wheatie's box?

Do drum corps musicians wear athletic cups?

Besides DCI, are there other sports where the paying spectators mostly sit on just one side of the venue?

Do NASCAR fans throw babies?

If the local newspaper has a write-up about Soaring Sounds or Cavalcade of Brass, is the story in the sports pages?

Does the scholastic system consider marching band to be part of sports?

Not in our schools. Music is an "activity", sports is part of the educational curriculum. During freshmen orientation, music was given about 30 seconds of discussion lumped in with other activities like archery and chess club. Sports took up 15 minutes of an hour meeting all by itself.

Not in our schools. Music is an "activity", sports is part of the educational curriculum. During freshmen orientation, music was given about 30 seconds of discussion lumped in with other activities like archery and chess club. Sports took up 15 minutes of an hour meeting all by itself.

Isn't sports also the last program whose budget is reduced when it comes time to make cuts?

> Which drum corps has appeared on a Wheatie's box?

Blue Stars appeared on a PowerAid bottle; so that counts.

> Do drum corps musicians wear athletic cups?

No, but neither do swimmers, bowlers, cross country track runners, and a plethora of other sports athletes. But if wearing athletic cups is actually a perquisite to being considered a sport that will actually eliminate a majority of sports activities from the list.

> Besides DCI, are there other sports where the paying spectators mostly sit on just one side of the venue?

Yep; watch a NASCAR race at your own Chicagoland Speedway, the Kansas Motor Speedway, the California Auto Club Speedway, or the Pocono Speedway … the fans just sit on the front stretch.

> Do NASCAR fans throw babies?

As well as bottles, and punches, and of course beads (especially in the infield camping area at Talladega).

> If the local newspaper has a write-up about Soaring Sounds or Cavalcade of Brass, is the story in the sports pages?

Actually, no lie, and no kidding, the two main marching band contests and the one drum corps competition in my home town actually is covered by our local paper on the last few pages of the sports section. I believe because they are competitions occuring on an athletic field.

Edited by Stu

How DARE you!!!!!! Knee-jerk reaction???????????

I'll have you know, GOOD SIR, that I spent 17 seconds of my life in compiling my response to you. Knee-jerk reaction my a##.....

Haha, I think I got it! Love it!

Do drum corps musicians wear athletic cups?

I guess not...

06_18_2003_Cavies03-walloch.jpg

Oh my, things have changed!

Besides DCI, are there other sports where the paying spectators mostly sit on just one side of the venue?

Bowling. ( but I neither sit, nor stand on that side, never have, and don't intend to )

> Do drum corps musicians wear athletic cups?

No.. forget the junk.

Edited by BRASSO