Controversy in WGI and DCI

This is an accurate observation . I generally try and avoid commenting about something that I have such little experience with, nor much interest in. Its like the topic of DCI Judging. Some have litte experience with it or they have no interest in learning any more than what they know about it now ( this observation is not specifically directed to you by the way, it is just my general observation and assessment of the general overall fanbase of DCI Drum Corps judged competitions)

youre right I would think most really arent concerned with the judging ( at least in the nit picky , maybe just outcomes and I would guess and say mostly DCI isn't interested in educating the masses on it either.

Probably something about men and women being on the floor together. if they get too close, they might hold hands. And holding hands leads to pregnancy. It happens.

so that explains it. Well ####..I first held her hand at a band show in 2001. took til 2011 til she was pregnant.

"Now, if they had beheaded Lady Gaga they would be on to something", he said for humorous purposes only.

only if people puked for shock value.

• Like 1

Well. that must've left FSUbones and a couple of other posters flummoxed with this news, as they have just about had their fill of shows with any killings in them... and a " beheading ".. whoa....is now totally out of the question as they've apparently seen way too much of that stuff lately in DCI as we've learned the last couple of weeks. And thats cool too... but as you just mentioned now, some people quickly signed up to go to WGI finals in Dayton primarily and essentially BECAUSE it was guaranteed to have at least some beheadings and gore and/ or gaga for them at the show..

it was the total show that drew them in. not just gaga or the beheading.

• Like 1

Yes, but this crack of yours really is sort of crass,, ie that a young woman entertainer's murder by beheading, no matter our tastes in music, would be " on to something " if it happened. I know you you stated as a lame disclaimer throw in at the end.. " for humorous purposes only ", but that didn't make the crass remark any more humorous, nor any less crass, imo.. But, to each his own of course on here.

actually it made it even funnier.

I would think this assessment most likely to be an accurate one ( while not quite understanding what this topic has to do with DCA in any manner .. most DCI show goers in the summer probably never heard of DCI's own "Soundsport " competition either, but this has little to nothing to do with what what we are discussing on this thread as well. )

i'm sure word about Soundsport is growing and will grow. it's only a year old.

Calgon.......take me away.

i'm sorry but depending on how you interpret that, it could be highly suggestive and not something you want kids seeing

• Like 1

Went and watched Dartmouth from this year. Oh, to have been a fly on the wall in that design meeting, and when they presented the concept to the members. Really enjoyed how they mixed classical and pop into their show, just proves that pop music can work in a performing ensemble, just has to be done correctly.

It is interesting though how winter percussion shows are becoming more and more like winter guard shows, with the "stage productions" becoming the central aspect. We've got dance units and characters that add no musical value but exist for the Visual GE portion. When will we see Winter Guard move towards percussion? Add the guard members play some hand percussion or small percussion instruments during a show, or just add a pit?

Yes, but this crack of yours really is sort of crass,, ie that a young woman entertainer's murder by beheading, no matter our tastes in music, would be " on to something " if it happened. I know you you stated as a lame disclaimer throw in at the end.. " for humorous purposes only ", but that didn't make the crass remark any more humorous, nor any less crass, imo.. But, to each his own of course on here.

You can't expose your crack without showing some of your crass.

• Like 5

it was the total show that drew them in. not just gaga or the beheading.

LOL Alice Cooper had been decapitating himself for years.... Biggest grief he gets is when the inspectors come in to make sure the animals in his act are being treated right. He tells 'em to check Colonel Sanders......