BARNUM IS BACK ON

JerryS61

Is it the 28th yet?!?!

>>Great to see them return. Does anyone know "Why" NONE of the "Usual" Alumni corps (Caballeros, Park City Pride, Skyliners) are not in attendance?<<

Cabs Alumni are in a parade in Lancaster (?) ... Sky Alumni is in Bayonne the week before and rarely does "back to back" weekends ...

Actually, our parade that day is in Lewisburg. My understanding is that we booked that after the show was cancelled, as we originally had it on our schedule.

I hope the drum corps community really gets behind this classic Drum Corps Show. EVERYONE, needs to try and support this iconic event. As I was part of the Barnum Festival committee some time ago I do know how This event needs support if it is going to continue. Over the decades most civic clubs, events , parades, support of this and many other activities are all but gone. This will be another thing of the past IF support isnt there BIG TIME. This event barely survived the chopping block this year and I am very sure could be breathing it's last breath. I dont think there is anyone who wants to see this great show go. Support the Barnum Festival !

Edited by GUARDLING
  • Like 1

>>

Also expect to see a whole lot of Sky alums there to welcome the red and black back to the competition field.

Sock it in Garbarina!!

<<

Yup ... a bunch of Sky Alumni will be gathering in the parking area to the left of the circle around 2:00 to tailgate a bit, mingle with the new members when they arrive to chow down and prep for the show, and then teach them how to mosey down to the field and cheer them on ... if you're an alum, family or friend of the corps, be sure to stop by and say hello ...

Catch y'all later ...

:-)

>>

Also expect to see a whole lot of Sky alums there to welcome the red and black back to the competition field.

Sock it in Garbarina!!

<<

Yup ... a bunch of Sky Alumni will be gathering in the parking area to the left of the circle around 2:00 to tailgate a bit, mingle with the new members when they arrive to chow down and prep for the show, and then teach them how to mosey down to the field and cheer them on ... if you're an alum, family or friend of the corps, be sure to stop by and say hello ...

Catch y'all later ...

any thoughts about the show?

>>

<<

I stared at you question for a long time ... then I realized it wasn't the "show" that was important ... it was the "event" of the rebirth of the Skyliners ... my corps ... my very dear corps, who has been soundless for eight years ... soundless ... as it mute ... a horrible condition for someone who grew up on "The Sounds of The City" ...

To you point though, the Skyliners scored a 68 upon their return to competition ... they played their show with confidence ,,, they play with desire ... they will learn to play with "emotion" in due time ... I shared with them a poem: "The Spirit of New York" , which may have contributed to their overall mindset ... I was pleased ...

Edited by ajlisko
  • Like 2

>>

<<

I stared at you question for a long time ... then I realized it wasn't the "show" that was important ... it was the "event" of the rebirth of the Skyliners ... my corps ... my very dear corps, who has been soundless for eight years ... soundless ... as it mute ... a horrible condition for someone who grew up on "The Sounds of The City" ...

To you point though, the Skyliners scored a 68 upon their return to competition ... they played their show with confidence ,,, they play with desire ... they will learn to play with "emotion" in due time ... I shared with them a poem: "The Spirit of New York" , which may have contributed to their overall mindset ... I was pleased ...

I'm excited for Sky too. I think DCA needs Sky. I think Brigs provided "substitute Sky" for a few years, but Senior corps were built on raw energy that Hy had the magical key to - OK, Joe had his share too.

Obviously at this point I'm invested in and rooting for Hurcs, but Sky and Sun are vitally important to the activity.

Congratulations. Now if you could just move them a little closer to the Hudson...

• Like 1