I really feel like this would have more impact if there were actually beating a G7 corps this year.

This is fair. I think they have a chance though. It's a tough program to sell but if they can pull it off I wouldn't be surprised to see them move up. The only problem is, if they're good enough to move up, someone needs to be bad enough to move down, and I'm not sure who that's gonna be right now.

This is fair. I think they have a chance though. It's a tough program to sell but if they can pull it off I wouldn't be surprised to see them move up. The only problem is, if they're good enough to move up, someone needs to be bad enough to move down, and I'm not sure who that's gonna be right now.

The judging community will have the final say if any corps is good enough to move past the magnificent 7. Hell, the BAC might end up good enough, but not get the judges blessings.

The judging community will have the final say if any corps is good enough to move past the magnificent 7. Hell, the BAC might end up good enough, but not get the judges blessings.

True. I suppose I'm just hoping they can move up, I really enjoy the repertoire and the way they're performing it!

Just looked at beginning 013 and 014 shows placement (2nd show of the year scores) note: A few corps had their 1st show and the others had 2 shows.

In 013 there was one G7 corps out of the top 7 Cavs.

In 014 all G7 corps were in the top 7.

Do you think the live audience might start yelling something during that?

It would be simplest just to BOOOOOO!!! :)

Although chanting BAC would be good too... if it weren't too hard to get 3 beats in time...

Boston was 7th literally 2 years ago, unseating The Cavaliers. If they are good enough, the judges will put them in the right spot.

• Like 1

Thinking about buying these and bringing them whenever I watch Boston... :augen51:

I'm watching Boston again and noticed some neat stuff.

When they first start playing the Polyushka Polye piece, the guard and the horns invade the pit, some of them standing on the keyboards - as if they are having a revolution.

There is a section of the show where there are two rotating triangles that collapse and expand during the rotation - not an easy drill move to pull off.

I know that Barber wrote many pieces that can only be described as "melancholy," but Boston's ballad seems twice as sad as the original piece. It's my favourite ballad of the season.

• Like 2

I have to say I really like this show - there are some great ideas, very cool drill moves and I love "dark" shows. Not sure the Animal Farm theme is totally comprehensive yet (apart from the guard wearing animal masks and a couple of musical and visual references scattered throughout) but this show has a ton of potential.

The guard really needs to clean it up though - that was one rough run!!!!

Later,

Mike