Maybe they "get" the G7 set?

I really doubt it. While its undeniable that the G7 was a diabolical conspiracy cooked up in total secrecy by a small cabal of selfish adults, I really don't subscribe to any notion that there is a DCI judge conspiracy afront now to hurt Boston because one of their own in the judging community, Michael Lentz, ( who judged Visual Analysis at Finals last season ) left the judging booth this offseaason to go out and co write this show for 2014 for Boston., and uses the G7 in a segment of the show as a visual....but, who knows what the reasons are for Boston's lowest scores from the DC I judging community on the 3rd of July, since early July ,1999, 15 years ago.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

There hasn't been a full panel of judges at any of Boston's shows yet, has there? That means that we can't really judge the corps as accurately (score-wise) as we might have been able to in seasons past. Up until the first regional, as has been said before by others, scores aren't really reliable. Spreads are all over the place, and some corps are very obviously getting better while their scores drop. Boston is going to be fine this year - let's wait it out until the regionals to start worrying too much about scores. The only thing we can really comment on is our impressions of the show and the corps. As people have said before, 2014's BAC corps is one of the more talented corps in its history, and there's no way they'll do horribly. They have five weeks to clean the show, and clean they will. Every corps cleans considerably from here until Finals. So don't sweat the scores at this point - they're unreliable and they will balance out at the first regional.

There hasn't been a full panel of judges at any of Boston's shows yet, has there?

Boston's first show in Akron was full panel. The other seven shows they've appeared in were not.

It would seem to follow that some scores are more equal than others.

lol!

• Like 1

BAC was #3 in Massachusetts in early 1966, and finished #3 in VFW and #2 at the Legion Nationals. The 1969 Corps paid the price for rocking the boat and finished #4 at VFW. We still couldn't wait to get back to the Old Post in September to see what Denon and Shellmer would do next. In early 1970 the Corps started #3-4 in the East, and finished #2 at the VFW. This year's Corps has tremendous talent and drive, and a show which will only get better with practice and performance. When all is said and done, we really don't gava when it comes to winning the Nationals, because we never have. What we do have, and what this year's Corps has, is the common experience of wearing the Red and Black, and being part of that 75 years of ballstothewall drum corps. GO BAC.

• Like 2

This is not the first year Boston will be glad to escape the northeast to face some mid-west and Texas panels.

The GE booth in Lynn which was comprised of Jay Kennedy and Frankie Morris, both with ties to Boston, were pretty critical in their assessment of this years production. I feel Boston will surge as the tour progresses as they have in the past.

Hey, this show will never be called fun, however at is more interesting and unique than it is getting credit for.

Edited by pbeau

Would anyone here have a video of one of Boston's performances of late? I've been dying to see this show again after I saw it in the theater broadcast.