The point of a political show is to talk about why the subject matter is still relevant after so many years so why don't you go off and derail yourself. I still have yet to hear a response about how flawless BK's visual technique is this year despite some impractical drill writing.

Oh my.

The point of a political show is to talk about why the subject matter is still relevant after so many years so why don't you go off and derail yourself. I still have yet to hear a response about how flawless BK's visual technique is this year despite some impractical drill writing.

Edited by Lincoln

Excuse me BFL, what you are needing is on the second shelf next to the aspirin. Take 2 and Be sure you have food with them. This is not a political discussion site

Anyone feel a surge coming on? The momentum is there and the kids are obviously starting to really understand how to clean and perform this show. That is what it is all about now; performance. For those who say it can't get clean or it's too late to get it clean enough, wait and see. Up to Indy, BAC is in shows with Phantom 3 times, BK 3 times, B Stars 2 times, Madison 2 times. All in all the comparisons at this time would favor BAC's cleaning pace and clear performance improvement; setting up where BAC often times has done well through quarters, semis and finals. 6th is within reach.

• Like 4

From their Akron debut on June 21, when they scored 66.4, until tonight [July 19], 28 days later in San Antonio where they scored 82.425, Boston has improved an average of 0.572 points per day. With 21 days left to Finals (and it now seems highly likely that they will appear in Finals), if they keep up that rate of improvement, they will score a 94.445. Can they do it?

With a score of 84.450 in the July 23 Little Rock show, even though scores at that show seems a bit depressed overall, Boston is only slightly off their earlier pace. Their average improvement for the summer is now 0.564 points per day. If they keep it going, they'll score 94.040 in Finals. Here's hoping.

Friday night's drop in Nashville was so predictable I'm kicking myself for not having predicted it out loud. Going on between Cadets and Crown, before the intermission, and with their nearest-scoring G7 member not appearing until three corps later? Of course they were likely to slip. Tonight in Atlanta, with Phantom on before the intermission and Boston after, and not having to perform between two of the top five, Boston recovered quite well.

Their 86.650 tonight (July 26) means that Boston has improved from their Akron debut at an average of 0.563 per day, barely behind their pace a few days ago, although just enough that, if they keep up this incredibly rapid rate of improvement, their Finals score will be slightly lower than previously estimated: 93.965. Correction (7/29): at July 26, Boston's rate of improvement was 0.579 per day, which would have seen them earn 94.750 at Finals.

Given that their best-ever Finals score was a 92.400, this admittedly looks unlikely. However, at this point in that year, 2002, they had just placed eighth in a regional with a score of 87.150. In two weeks, they moved up three placements and more than five points. That should give them hope for the two remaining weeks of this season.

My apologies for understating Boston's rate of improvement in my previous post. They were doing better than I indicated.

The 87.500 in Charleston last night (Aug. 28) means that Boston's rate of progress now is 0.570 points per day since their Akron seasonal debut.

At this rate, they would score 94.345 in Finals. Even if that doesn't happen, they'd have to see a pretty spectacular stall not to beat their score from last year.

Edited by N.E. Brigand

As of today top 12.

West coast = 2.

Midwest = 7.

East coast =3.

Top 6. West coast = 2. Midwest = 2. East coast =2.

My apologies for understating Boston's rate of improvement in my previous post. They were doing better than I indicated.

The 87.500 in Charleston last night (Aug. 28) means that Boston's rate of progress now is 0.570 points per day since their Akron seasonal debut.

At this rate, they would score 94.345 in Finals. Even if that doesn't happen, they'd have to see a pretty spectacular stall not to beat their score from last year.

Boston has been getting better throughout the season, but this is the most asinine way to look at it. You can't just "find a rate of progress" when scores can jump wildly up or down at shows pending on MANY factors (tiredness of members/weather/other shows/time slot/judges). I would not be surprised to see them jump 90 by Finals and beat last years score, but I will guess right now they will not hit a 94 (note the word guess, not calculate).