No to (further) derail the thread, but anyone who thinks "all corps are equal" is crazy delusional. Some corps have better members than others, some have better staff & designers, etc.

Is that not the point of the story in the first place? All animals were equal, but then some animals thought they were more equal than others...I agree with you.

• Like 1

Is that not the point of the story in the first place? All animals were equal, but then some animals thought they were more equal than others...I agree with you.

So maybe there will be an additional layer of allegory, relating to the G7 and DCI ...

And we just knew that it had to be, as it seems only fitting...... :

An American ( Meb Keflezighi, from NYC running club, and former runner from UCLA college team ) becomes the first American to win the Men's Boston Marathon since 1983... I'm watching the winner cry right now as they play Nation's National Anthmn.... he's one of 10 children. Upset victory winner today in the Boston Marathon.,,,.just said in a post run interview a few moments ago :... "the crowd's enthusiasm and spirit down the strech carried me... I did this for Boston,.. God Bless this City's people, and God Bless the USA ". Cool.

Boston Strong.... Nation Strong.

And to you, Sir. Cool. Very, very cool.

The choice of music will determine what the "Animal House" theme will be. Somehow I do think it will be more on the Orwellian side of things rather than the National Lampoon/John Belushi side though the two together could make an interesting contrast. I recall last year wondering how they would use so many musical choices to fit a theme of "Rise" and some of what I did not think would work turned out to be rather effective.

BAC has been making strategic moves in the past to strengthen both the overall organization and the corps itself. They are also pretty adept at moving forward without losing what has made them one of drum corps most enduing corps. I know the folks involved are pumped up bout this season, which is not new, and the fans, some of the most loyal in all of drum corps, are excited, again not something new, but after last year it feels different. Even though last year's how placed 8th, it had a lot of sophistication and elements that I believe were underrated. If they take what they accomplished last year and bring it to the next level, they will place higher.

I agree horn line should hold it's own, both guard and drum line should be in the top 5 as well as the show design

The choice of music will determine what the "Animal House" theme will be. Somehow I do think it will be more on the Orwellian side of things rather than the National Lampoon/John Belushi side though the two together could make an interesting contrast. I recall last year wondering how they would use so many musical choices to fit a theme of "Rise" and some of what I did not think would work turned out to be rather effective.

BAC has been making strategic moves in the past to strengthen both the overall organization and the corps itself. They are also pretty adept at moving forward without losing what has made them one of drum corps most enduing corps. I know the folks involved are pumped up bout this season, which is not new, and the fans, some of the most loyal in all of drum corps, are excited, again not something new, but after last year it feels different. Even though last year's how placed 8th, it had a lot of sophistication and elements that I believe were underrated. If they take what they accomplished last year and bring it to the next level, they will place higher.

With the many changes the corps has made this past year or so, the corps is definitely shooting for higher placements. Plus, this year's show may move them into the area of current top 3-5 corps where the judging community seems to like what's presented most years.

Were they not put up for sale?

I think they sold some and the SR corps has a few.

With the many changes the corps has made this past year or so, the corps is definitely shooting for higher placements. Plus, this year's show may move them into the area of current top 3-5 corps where the judging community seems to like what's presented most years.

https://youtu.be/efs8r6dvhwq

Here is 1957 BAC.

I wonder what they did with the grey uniforms they used last year for the beginning of the show. I liked them.

They have already shown the new uniforms on Facebook and the BAC website. The uniform is both traditional BAC and a big departure.