They come back down 6/12 the same day they play at the concert in the park in down town Boston (free event) at the Norman B. Leventhal park June 12 at 5pm.

"Free" Concert... downtown Boston parking in garage $35.00...... or $250 towing charge plus $30 taxi ride to towing yard for a total of $280 large. ( haha!)

I'll go help them out in their fundraiser at the IBEW Hall in Dorchester that month where the parking is no hassle.

Edited by BRASSO

"Free" Concert... downtown Boston parking garage $35.00...... or $250 towing charge plus $30 taxi ride to towing yard for a total of $280 large. ( haha!)

I'll go help them out in their fundraiser at the IBEW Hall in Dorchester where the parking is no hassle.

I only regret that I have but 200 miles to assist. A weekend in Boston...and helping a great cause...

Priceless.

• Like 1

I only regret that I have but 200 miles to assist. A weekend in Boston...and helping a great cause...

Priceless.

Nice gesture, HornTeacher.

The lifelines to all these Corps that have found a way to still do what they do are the Alums, and all other willing Volunteers all these still existing Corps have that are still willing to pitch in with their money, or their muscle, time, energy, etc

"Free" Concert... downtown Boston parking in garage $35.00...... or $250 towing charge plus $30 taxi ride to towing yard for a total of $280 large. ( haha!)

I'll go help them out in their fundraiser at the IBEW Hall in Dorchester that month where the parking is no hassle.

I get free parking. You just have to know the right people.

When I lived in Boston I took the 'T'...I never needed a car there...pick your color for post office square..red orange blue or green

When I lived in Boston I took the 'T'...I never needed a car there...pick your color for post office square..red orange blue or green

I know about the T... I can get there no sweat via the T. I was just bloviating about the ridiculous cost of parking in downtown Boston more than anything, thats all . Two weeks ago I was out in Santa Monica, Ca. .. had a long lunch out there,then we walked around and went back to the garage where we parked our car and for the 2.5 hrs, the parking in the City's underground parking garage was 2 bucks. Are you kidding me ? In Boston, that 2.5 hour lunch and walkaround would cost 20 bucks or more to park. So yes, take the T when in Downtown Boston when you can.

Anyway, sorry for taking the exit ramp toward a thread " road detour " ... so now, back on topic........

Edited by BRASSO

On the subject of service...

I (through my school) hosted Cru a few years back. I loved the opportunity...BUT...had never done so before. We'll just say that some wires got crossed, and the situation did not get off to a good start. TOTALLY my fault. All I remember is the many people associated with the corps who were extremely kind, gracious, and understanding. I've never gotten over the feeling of letting down a CLASS organization...or the wish to one day be able to atone.

Sorry...just had to get that off my chest.

On the subject of service...

I (through my school) hosted Cru a few years back. I loved the opportunity...BUT...had never done so before. We'll just say that some wires got crossed, and the situation did not get off to a good start. TOTALLY my fault. All I remember is the many people associated with the corps who were extremely kind, gracious, and understanding. I've never gotten over the feeling of letting down a CLASS organization...or the wish to one day be able to atone.

Sorry...just had to get that off my chest.

For your penance, say three Hail Mary's, three Our Father's, and give 100 bucks to the BAC!

• Like 1

I only regret that I have but 200 miles to assist. A weekend in Boston...and helping a great cause...Priceless.

I agree 100% with your assessment of a weekend in Boston, but I also sympathize with Brasso's pain regarding parking. Still, it looks like a great evening, and don't worry, if you'd on BAC's donor list, you will get a call to help support the corps even if you're 2,000 miles away, but you're right, it is a great cause.