Music and Traffic and Domes, OH MY!

btw, whats with meridian st in indy! one of the main north\south routes, or so i was told, and its lanes are like 3 feet wide.. combine that with those #### bikers... you know how bad i wanted to run them over!

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But I stand by this: it stunk up the place.

Well, I'll at least agree with your last line regarding SCV... however, I'd phrase it as such: "sufficiently a bag".

No disrespect to the members, they all work their butts off, and should be proud no matter what. Plus, I have two good friends marching in SCV this year. But geezus, what was their design team thinking? This show leaves you like, huh? Yeah, they're #### loud, but so what? And 0.05 behind Phantom? C'mon now DCI...

This show design was almost as bad as the Blue Knights. It went NOWHERE. <**>

And I never ever thought I'd say this, but the Cavaliers were much more enjoyable to watch... and I've seen them 6 times this year!

Edited by IMcomguy

That was a fun review . The Cavaliers guard uniforms are definately one of the very worst guard uniforms ever put on the field by a corps in my opinion. What were they thinking ? Geez, they are so bad that they are becoming an embarrassment and it detracts from an otherwise terrific Corps. Are there people out there that think this guard uniform is cool , neat, awesome, visually appealing, fits the Corps image, or compliments the show theme etc ,or helps the Corps in any way whatsoever ? How so ? Just curious.

Edited by starting line

My first time to see/hear drum corps in a dome. Hang onto your seats fellow fans in the stands: championships will be coming to an indoor arena in the foreseeable future. Too many plusses not to;

Bull####! DCI Finals in ANY ondoor venue would be an insult to the corps and the audience! The fact that they STILL hold DCI Midwest in that godforsaken echo chamber is one of DCI's greatest acts of idiocy. The fact that so many suckers - er, fans - keep voting for this gigundo mistake with their $$$ is unbelievable to me. But, we do live in a market economy, so if the masses buy CRAP they will continue to be sold CRAP. I went once, and never again will I encourage DCI to continue this mistake by buying a ticket to this show. ####, if you think domed stadiums are okay, then lets go back to Montreal for Finals! Great city, great weather, and the acoustics in Olympic Stadium (which are cited over and over as a reason not to go back there) are no worse than they are in the RCA Dumb! SHEESH!

And as for plusses - have we become such wimps that we can't handle drum corps being an outdoor summer activity?!? If so, bring on the woodwinds - this audience does not deserve drum corps anymore. (And this is coming from someone who was seriously disappointed by the Canton show being rained out last night. And you know what - if I had a choice of it being rained out, or watching it in a dome, I would rather have gone home wet and disappointed.)

BTW I am not generally a wholesale DCI basher. I just believe this mistake is a HUGE mistake.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

:wub::rolleyes::huh:

That was a fun review . The Cavaliers guard uniforms are definately one of the very worst guard uniforms ever put on the field by a corps in my opinion. What were they thinking ? Geez, they are so bad that they are becoming an embarrassment and it detracts from an otherwise terrific Corps.

Here we go again.....agreed, 100%...and I even wrote it about a month ago, word for word.

~G~

That was a fun review . The Cavaliers guard uniforms are definately one of the very worst guard uniforms ever put on the field by a corps in my opinion. What were they thinking ? Geez, they are so bad that they are becoming an embarrassment and it detracts from an otherwise terrific Corps.

Here we go again.....agreed, 100%...and I even wrote it about a month ago, word for word.

~G~

first reaction: they suck.. horrible, what a joke

but then i saw them in the show, and thought that those uniforms really work with their show

Hey, Folks, I appreciate the comments. I thought there would be blood to take.. but I didn't write it for that purpose.

MDempsey, you got it HALF right. OrlandoContra saw right through the religiosity of the metaphor.

Yes, SCV works as hard as everyone else. I certainly wonder what the heck goes on in their (ahem) BORED Room.

I'll still be surprised if BD (or 3-5) push past Cavies in Orlando. Unfortunately like SCV '89, whichever has the Mo' going in will probably go home with the cup.

Speaking of cups.. how about some, Cavies? <g>

Yes, SCV works as hard as everyone else. I certainly wonder what the heck goes on in their (ahem) BORED Room.

I would like to know what goes on in their BOARD room as well, because they sure as #### managed to come out with a unique and entertaining show. It would be quite a treat to sit in with that design team and listen to them work. I know already that their show is one track that's going to quickly wear out on my CD's. Thank god that they are out there, doing the style of shows that they do. I would hate to have missed their very intricate, very appealing, very mesmerizing style of show. Keep it up, Vanguard! ^OO^