Narration -- Do designers think audiences are now more accepting?

The problem is that in the attempt to seem "intellectual" it comes across as "faux intellectual" and usually is.[/ ......I agree. This is what oftentimes makes Narration so fundamentally funny , ie because the show designer took themselves so seriously in the first place . We find a intellectually uncreative show Drum Corps or Band show designer that believed he is bringing creative " intellectual" gravitas to his design by the utilization of what generally turns out to be insipid talking points to explain verbally what could not be effectively communicated via music and visual alone . The show designer isn ' t intellectual or sophisticated at all . He has dumbed down his product to an audience he believed is too dumb to appreciate his 'cleverness' without talking points usually played over the music . It is this level of disconnect with audiences. Some of whom are actually convinced that this is an Intellectual and sophisticated show with the addition of talking points that makes the enterprise so ironically silly and funny,imo

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 3

The problem is that in the attempt to seem "intellectual" it comes across as "faux intellectual" and usually is.[/ ......I agree. This is what oftentimes makes Narration so fundamentally funny , ie because the show designer took themselves so seriously in the first place . We find a intellectually uncreative show Drum Corps or Band show designer that believed he is bringing creative " intellectual" gravitas to his design by the utilization of what generally turns out to be insipid talking points to explain verbally what could not be effectively communicated via music and visual alone . The show designer isn ' t intellectual or sophisticated at all . He has dumbed down his product to an audience he believed is too dumb to appreciate his 'cleverness' without talking points usually played over the music . It is this level of disconnect with audiences. Some of whom are actually convinced that this is an Intellectual and sophisticated show with the addition of talking points that makes the enterprise so ironically silly and funny,imo

well at least they communicated something to you, FUNNY AND SILLY are great emotions whether intended or not. Maybe they did exactly what they wanted and don't take it all as serious as those who critique them...just a thought.......lol

well at least they communicated something to you, FUNNY AND SILLY are great emotions whether intended or not. Maybe they did exactly what they wanted and don't take it all as serious as those who critique them...just a thought.......lol

oh I'm sure "magic things happen every time i touch my trumpet" was supposd to be taking seriously. Instead most took it as someone who sounded like Napolean Dynamite getting kinky with his horn

• Like 1

oh I'm sure "magic things happen every time i touch my trumpet" was supposd to be taking seriously. Instead most took it as someone who sounded like Napolean Dynamite getting kinky with his horn

hey as long as someone gets something out of it.....lol.who knows maybe the exact intent got across :shutup:

Edited by GUARDLING