Blue Devils 2014 Thread

Ahem, let me collect my thoughts. What I meant to say was "I don't think that is an appropriate uniform for a youth organization to be making 16-22 year olds wear."

Oh please, as an 18 year old, I've seen girls of that age and lower wear so much worse. It's 2014, styles have changed from whatever you're probably used to.. Not many people care for dignity or have shame when it comes to stuff like this. As a guy, I personally prefer girls who dress a bit more conservatively but I'm not going to judge others for following the crowd/whatever is popular.

Oh please, as an 18 year old, I've seen girls of that age and lower wear so much worse. It's 2014, styles have changed from whatever you're probably used to.. Not many people care for dignity or have shame when it comes to stuff like this. As a guy, I personally prefer girls who dress a bit more conservatively but I'm not going to judge others for following the crowd/whatever is popular.

Are people criticizing the girls or the guys? You know, our society is pretty uptight compared to our counterparts in Europe, but not as much as our peers further in the Middle East.

qyIIhn3.jpg

BD Guard Uniform

This getup reminds me of the comment made by Dolly Parton to a woman reporter who complimented her on her looks. She replied :.... ' Well thanks, Darlin'... most people have no idea all the time, energy and cost that goes into the daily effort to look this cheap ! "

Are people criticizing the girls or the guys? You know, our society is pretty uptight compared to our counterparts in Europe, but not as much as our peers further in the Middle East.

Does it matter? The point is they're judging in a place that they should not be judging. Also I have absolutely no clue what you're trying to imply with that second sentence. To me it came off as "Well there are people who are worse off somewhere else that is irrelevant to the discussion, so being judgemental about the way people dress/corps make the members dress is okay." Criticizing the uniforms for using weird fades and odd ornaments is one thing, but looking down at people for dressing in a way that shows skin is a completely different thing. The corps members show wayyyy more skin during practices and pictures of those practices are uploaded on the corps' fb pages on a daily basis.

I don't mind people expressing doubt about how the unis are looking on the members (I myself think that BD has chosen much better CG unis the past couple years) or how they show skin or are translucent, etc. But I do mind when people start to generalize and imply that it's wrong to dress a certain way and look down on people for it just because it puts the critics out of their comfort zone.

Does it matter? The point is they're judging in a place that they should not be judging. Also I have absolutely no clue what you're trying to imply with that second sentence. To me it came off as "Well there are people who are worse off somewhere else that is irrelevant to the discussion, so being judgemental about the way people dress/corps make the members dress is okay." Criticizing the uniforms for using weird fades and odd ornaments is one thing, but looking down at people for dressing in a way that shows skin is a completely different thing. The corps members show wayyyy more skin during practices and pictures of those practices are uploaded on the corps' fb pages on a daily basis.

I don't mind people expressing doubt about how the unis are looking on the members (I myself think that BD has chosen much better CG unis the past couple years) or how they show skin or are translucent, etc. But I do mind when people start to generalize and imply that it's wrong to dress a certain way and look down on people for it just because it puts the critics out of their comfort zone.

I don't think it matters, but many people are fine with seeing "girls" wear scantily clad clothing but if there's a chance that they'll see guy parts, they're all up in arms. Your judging comment doesn't really make sense. Of course people are going to judge no matter what you or me say. It's not about them, it's about society. Some parents are going to have cows, and other parents won't.

What I'm trying to imply with my second sentence is that In this country, we're ok with showing gun violence and other forms of violence in entertainment, but if we show body parts, that's it. It gets an "adult" rating... So these costumes are going to cause a stir in our Victorian based culture.

It's the opposite in Europe. They're ok with naked bodies, but they don't want to see violence in their entertainment. Hope that clarifies it for ya! Otherwise, you got it pretty much exactly NOT how I meant it.

Edited by jjeffeory

Really? I graduated college last year, I don't need your crash course on the kinds of clothes people wear, guy. But thanks for playing.

Really? I graduated college last year, I don't need your crash course on the kinds of clothes people wear, guy. But thanks for playing.

Quite surprising that you're shocked by the CG unis then *shrugs*