Blue Devils 2014 Thread

Just got back. No they didn't wear the guard uniform.

All day I was really on the fence about the corps uniform and the drums etc. They waited a good 20 minutes before even coming on to the field.

:sadlike: Man! They LOOK SHARP! Those shako's it is a reflection. It's all "chrome" and there is no white stripe either reflection also.

Those drums look so good under the lights! in the day time it's so so to me.

I have to say they are so ready it's not even funny!

Cadets do one hand splits but half as fast as these guys do. Whoa! a little bit of dirt in the tenor feature but they changed it and I can tell it was no more than two days ago and much much harder. gonna be killer next week I guarantee!

This show is the total package! You gotta see this show! Whoa!

• Like 3

qyIIhn3.jpg

BD Guard Uniform

People really are making a big deal out of nothing. This male costume is basically the same cut as Cavies "Spin cycle" show!! Besides, teens and young adults in other sports wear costumes as tight as these, and sometimes more reviling than this regularly. For example: wrestling, dance, cheer, cycling, ballet. If people would stop sexualizing everything and take it for what it is, a costume, in keeping with the theme of the show, then there would be no issue

I see nothing wrong with the costume!!!!

• Like 4

Just got back. No they didn't wear the guard uniform.

All day I was really on the fence about the corps uniform and the drums etc. They waited a good 20 minutes before even coming on to the field.

:sadlike: Man! They LOOK SHARP! Those shako's it is a reflection. It's all "chrome" and there is no white stripe either reflection also.

Those drums look so good under the lights! in the day time it's so so to me.

I have to say they are so ready it's not even funny!

Cadets do one hand splits but half as fast as these guys do. Whoa! a little bit of dirt in the tenor feature but they changed it and I can tell it was no more than two days ago and much much harder. gonna be killer next week I guarantee!

This show is the total package! You gotta see this show! Whoa!

Also just returned from the show. Very impressed with both A and B corps.

I very much believe that the A corps' show will be very well received by fans. It is interesting, entertaining, musically solid, and visually pleasing. Many of the common criticisms from the past few years will fade with this show, IMO. For me, there was a very coherent flow to the music; nothing seemed "tacked on". The pace and progression through the show was logical, with each section complimenting what came before and after, while not coming across as predictable or mundane. (forgive me if I express myself in less than sound musical argot - my strength is in visual arts, not music).

Yes, the props are there (including some chairs!) but they were not at all distracting, and fit nicely into the overall visual gestalt of the show.

I wish the guard had been in uniform tonight. I'd like to see how their uniforms add (or not) to the total look of the show. I found it very difficult to take in a lot of what the guard was doing because they were all in plain black, and kind of disappeared at times amongst the flashes of color from the rest of the corps. My hope would have been for a lot of bright gold as on the drums, but I saw on the uni thread that is most likely not the case.

My first impression is that BD will definitely be in the hunt for another ring, and that they will get a favorable response from fans, even those who have not been pleased with the direction they have taken the past few years.

Once again I have the goods :cool:

You know what to do...

(not the best angle, audio, whatever, BUT it's something)

Edited by gabe211
  • Like 3

Does it matter? The point is they're judging in a place that they should not be judging. I do mind when people start to generalize and imply that it's wrong to dress a certain way and look down on people for it .

No it really doesn't matter... and people can " judge" whatever and wherever they want, imo... as you just did... by judging them and telling them where they should not judge.( which is cool and all too, imo )

Edited by BRASSO

Are people not allowed to have negative opinions of guard costumes in 2014?

Lets hope not. This is a Drum Corps Fan forum where we all on occasion are constantly risking absurdity.. where the good, the bad, the ugly reign... and where intelligence, insight, silliness and everything from the ridiculous to the sublime will be found on here from time to time. And thats what is so good about the site, imo. Its sort of like the DCI shows themselves... lots of diversity to be found, where whatever your preferences and personal tastes are on things, you should be able to find it on here in sufficient quantities, imo.

Edited by BRASSO