Which DVD should I buy?

Hey I'm going to buy a DVD and there's a few years I'm considering.

Which one would be the best to buy?

If only I had the money. I would buy every DVD in dci history

I'm partial to 2000...just loved that year of DC.

I approach buying DCI DVDs/blu-rays as such:

1) if buying a particular year, how many of the Top 12 did I absolutely love, how many did I really like, are there any shows I will never watch? The last season/year DVD's I bought (from Legacy Collection) were 1987, 1992, 1989. Those years my wife and I both like the vast majority of Top 12, so it was easy to justify spending $. Are there any of these seasons where you absolutely love, say, 4/Top 6, 9 or 10/Top 12? If so, jump on those.

2) maybe look at the DCI "mix" collections. The 'Essentials" blu-rays are off the hook as far as quality, and are a great reflection of some of the absolutely best corps in the history of DCI. Unfortunately the 'Classic Countdown' DVDs are no longer for sale, as those featured some outstanding corps, but the Essentials are great; I'll be curious to see what DCI puts on their Volume 3 version

I know this doesn't answer your question explicitly, but maybe better than giving you my opinions of which DCI years I really like, you critically examining your choices for which years you really like will be more helpful. Also, checking out DCI's website, kind of a bummer 2000's DVD, now nearly 15 years old, is still $40 to purchase. Too bad DCI doesn't have more of a markdown on older collections

Edited by perc2100

I'm partial to 2000...just loved that year of DC.

The Top 6 that year were definitely off-the-hook great shows & performances! BD's show that year might be my favorite non-Champion show

Edited by perc2100

2003...all around great shows from top to bottom (Cadets and Phantom were my favorite)...And don't forget to get Div. III and the Lehigh Valley Knights...one of their best years...and my daughter was in the guard...

And if you have your computer hooked up to your TV, you can always buy single-show downloads off of Fan Network for the living room, plus they're already ready for your phone/tablet. I've been going that route with more and more years, as I'm not really wanting all 12 of a given Finals.

Mike

1977 - 1980 are sweet as well. Bayonne & 27 in their heyday, 1977 Garfield is possibly their best show (or #2 after 87). North Star,Oakland Crusaders, Kilties, the hit keep coming & coming. Plus, 1978 Scouts play Malaguena for the first time.

Edited by IllianaLancerContra