World Class Percussion to Watch in 2014?

Are you kidding? Of course it wouldn't! If there's one thing I love to do, it's talk about drum corps. I'd be glad to. :cool:

Also, Crown's show announcement trailer has me wondering what they are cooking up in percussion land, the use of a non marching percussionist's music is an interesting move, and one I like. The piece is amazing, and Evelyn Glennie is awesome. The trailer also had A LOT of percussion footage. I don't see how they couldn't be stepping it up. They're on my radar now as well. They made an unexpected move with the drum feature music and I'm intrigued and excited!

If you can't win the game ( not that they can't but their previous placement shows that they would like to score better in that department) then change the game.

So my guess is that they're not going to try to follow the percussion pack, they're going to go in their own direction and hopefully that will allow them to be more competitive in that area.

Just a guess.

Was about to respond with the same thing. I didn't think last year was horrible or bad by any means, I thought it was a drastic improvement over 2012 and I actually quite enjoyed the front ensemble book, but it's just not up to the level of the other big boys in the percussion department. I want nothing more for Crown, than to have a percussion section that is on the level of the brass or guard, that would be something amazing. I've enjoyed Crown lines before, I liked 2011, 2010, and 2001 is one of my favorites. We're just being realistic and looking at the facts in front of us. If Crown comes out with a line that kicks ### this summer, I'll be one of the first people to back them up even more.

Not to mention the Top percussion sections are consistently INCREDIBLE:

* Cadets

* BD

* SCV

* Bluecoats

Those four have been incredible for quite a while, especially now with Rennicks doing SCV

Lee Beddis at Madison Scouts means a high-achieving percussion section (5th place last year), as he has consistently stepped into lower-achieving programs and turned them around.

That puts Crown, last season, at 6th. Low in comparison to their Top 2 placements in other captions, but with insanely tough competition. Things won't get easier, that's for sure, and for whatever reason I feel like Percussion is the toughest caption to 'crack' because of so much consistent, high-achieving talent in the activity. Placing 6th is a bummer compared to the rest of the corps, but not embarrassing compared to the talent involved: last year's Top 6 percussion was off-the-hook for the most part!

* Cadets

* BD

* SCV

* Bluecoats

Those four have been incredible for quite a while, especially now with Rennicks doing SCV

Lee Beddis at Madison Scouts means a high-achieving percussion section (5th place last year), as he has consistently stepped into lower-achieving programs and turned them around.

That puts Crown, last season, at 6th. Low in comparison to their Top 2 placements in other captions, but with insanely tough competition. Things won't get easier, that's for sure, and for whatever reason I feel like Percussion is the toughest caption to 'crack' because of so much consistent, high-achieving talent in the activity. Placing 6th is a bummer compared to the rest of the corps, but not embarrassing compared to the talent involved: last year's Top 6 percussion was off-the-hook for the most part!

200% agree, the top 4 were downright incredible, 5 - 7 were VERY good (Cavaliers underscored anyone?), and 7 - 10 now slouches either. It's become a very stacked caption.

* Cadets

* BD

* SCV

* Bluecoats

Boston.

All I will say is...Watch for the Madison Scouts in Percussion this year.

• Like 1

All I will say is...Watch for the Madison Scouts in Percussion this year.

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Madison do well in Percussion this year. It was their best section of their Corps last season, ( 5th ) And finishing ahead of Crown in Percussion.

a corps to watch this year? Last year's 8th place percussion section? What are you saying

2013 they came in 4th allen town. the top drum lines BD, cadets, SCV BC. BAC did not score above these drum lines last year. Bac did tie with BC in one show which were a day apart not head to head. Have a great day.