New Open Class Corps

I am very impressed with the Columbians. A lot of growth just from last year - which was their first.

Edited by luv4corps
  • Like 1

Yea i am seeing a lot of good stuff coming out of Open right now.

Just like Mike McIntosh was saying today on FB. There is a lot of really great drumlines now and a lot of it is the cross training with WGI.

Embrace it because the more people resist the less it will grow.

I was very pleased with Golden Empire and the other open corps from So Cal. I am also seeing some great results with 7th Regiment, Spartins, and Genesis.

Have hope. I think it's growing more than people realize thanks to the internet.

I used to really shun marching band but it's actually a good thing they are getting close if you look at it the right way. Other wise it will be gone forever and we don't want that now do we?

Golden Empire was very impressive this weekend in Elk Grove and Pleasant Hill. I really enjoyed their show - watch out for them in the years to come!

Edited by OCGroupie

• 4 weeks later...

Well, Centurions just announced they won't be appearing in DCA this year, but on the other hand, DCI announced that Patria from Guatemala would be traveling to championships, so if North East Technology really is also coming, the number of competitive corps in DCI or DCA this year now breaks down as follows:

2014 - 69 corps

DCI World - 22

DCA Open - 14

DCI Open - 14(+2?)+10

DCA A 6+1

Another slip on the DCA side: a few weeks ago, Shenandoah Sound announced they won't be competing this year. Also, to the best of my knowledge, Chops, Inc. has appeared / will appear only in exhibition this year. Meanwhile, in DCI, it is now confirmed that there will be only one non-American, non-Canadian corps at Open Class Prelims, so the numbers are:

2014 - 66 corps

DCI World - 22

DCA Open - 14

DCI Open - 14(+1)+10

DCA A 5

Did anybody hear an explanation as to what happened to Northeast Technical?

They would have represented themselves pretty well in Open Class.

I agree, based on the youtube videos I've seen of their "Cyclist" show, which the DCI Yearbook says would have the one they brought to the U.S.

We are in the Infancy stage of forming a new organization in Florida called Heat wave Of Florida. Again, we're just getting started, so please be patient. The plan is a two part organization 1st being a kidette group 12-15 yrs of age, and a more advanced group age 16-22. Hopefully, this will emerge as an opne class corps in the near future. We're moving slowly & methodically to make this a sustainable entity which will last. Thanks!!

Heat Wave Of florida will be holding its open house/meet & greet Sat. Dec 6th 2014 at 12 noon in inverness Fl. For more information, please go to our website at www.heatwaveofflorida.com Thanks!!