Wildwood Predictions

1. Hawthorne Caballeros - 80.35

2. Reading Buccaneers - 80.20

3. Fusion Core - 74.80

4. Windsor Regiment - 68.40

I don't know how realistic Cabs pulling ahead of Bucs is, I'm just hoping for closer competition this year instead of a 5 point spread like last year.

I heard the Cabs are BIG this year; perhaps they picked up a few from Empire?

Historically, the Cabs were slow coming out of the box. If that's the case again this year, Fusion could be an early season surprise. Heard them at the Bucs' Spring Preview Saturday night; if their drill execution matches their musical presentation, it could be an exciting show.

whoever scores highest wins

• Like 4

We did not pick anyone up from Empire.

We are about the same size as we were in 2013, only we will have a fulll corps alot earlier than last.

We are about a month ahead of where we were last year at this time.

Wildwood is still a month away. We will be ready as we were last year.

So will Bucs, and so will Fusion.

I hope that answers some of your questions.

• Like 8

We did not pick anyone up from Empire.

We are about the same size as we were in 2013, only we will have a fulll corps alot earlier than last.

We are about a month ahead of where we were last year at this time.

Wildwood is still a month away. We will be ready as we were last year.

So will Bucs, and so will Fusion.

I hope that answers some of your questions.

What are the uniforms like for 2014?

• Like 1

whoever scores highest wins

Not necessarily in New Jersey...

• Like 1

"Not necessarily in New Jersey..."

You know that's true. For some reason. Over 1/2 the Judges could be from NY, PA, CT, MA or MD. But, still get "Jersey Results". I was Born and Raised here. Over all the "Fans in the Stands". (a very knowledgeable group I must say.) Would get it Right. but the Judges. Not so much. Seems the "Fans in the Stands" could care less where you were from. They Knew "Drum and Bugle Corps" well and showed there Love. (Just ask an Old Chicago Cavalier of the '66 Dream, or any Old St. Kevin Emerald Knights year person). Yes, we Jersey Fans were very Spoiled. We always had 2 or 3 National Contenders, in Jersey. Then add Contests like "Preview of Champions" at the end of May or 1st week of June, or "The Dream" in August. Those Contests brought in the Best of Rest from across the Nation in them ---> BEFORE National Tours" were the Norm. Now add other shows like: VFW Nationals, A L Nationals, World Open, DCA Championships many years. Crowds of over 20 - 25,000. Even when some of those shows were just a week apart and in the SAME Stadium. (Roosevelt Stadium, Jersey City)

Then add places like "Newark Schools Stadium", (Less that 10 miles away) which would have 4 or 5 Contests (or More) Every year. With Corps Home shows that would have some of the best Jersey National & Non National Contenders. Heck most Jersey Corps GOAL for Jersey Corps was just to make the Top 5 in either of the State VFW or AL Contests. (That after making the Jersey State Top 10)

So (Jersey Fans) KNEW what was Best. BUT PLEASE. Don't get me wrong. The Judges had a rough road. Many of the Corps were so close to Judge which got what score. I think that is one reason I never got into that One portion of Drum Corps.

Edited by 2B or not 2B
  • Like 2

What are the uniforms like for 2014?

Black sombreros, Traditional White Satin Blouses, Black pants with Red/Black/Gold stripes and red kickpleats, Black shoes.

Of course there is a White t-shirt underneath the White satin shirt.

Are you expecting something different?

• Like 2

You're a funny guy, Bill!!! LOL :lol:

Edited by FPonzo