Wildwood Predictions

Getting back on topic....

I wish more corps were turning out for Wildwood

another thing to consider...

did the host want more corps? it's not cheap to book a corps, and the stadium only holds so many people.invite too many corps, you have to jack ticket prices way up to help cover costs, and you could turn fans away.

corps don't hold shows to lose money on them

• Like 1

I wish more corps were ready, including the guards. Watching 16 counts of work at this musical highlight and 64 there gets really old fast.

I'm not saying it should be easier work, I just wish the emphasis was more on participation in the winter so they were learning the show along with the hornline.

The drumlines have the same winter schedule IE winter percussion but do have some rehearsals during the winter months. Yet they have their line set by the time they join up with the corps. The guards aren't even doing auditions until after WGI is over. There is something about that timeline that seems problematic right there, that they will not be even close to ready by the time of the first show.

Just the 2 cents of a former guard person (and reduced to a half penny due to inflation)

part of the problem is the membership and indoor schedules. many teach high schools, which rehearse/perform on saturdays. for those involved with independent groups, many of them have a show on saturday and rehearsal sunday. Then you have people that do both

I think until DCA gets its "prestige" level to that of DCI and WGI this will continue to be a problem. Unfortunately that's what happens when a circuit is regulated to basically the Mid-Atlantic region

so you're saying other regions don't have this issue?

The guard issue (or lack of it) is simply a case of a corps not having it's act together. Reading and Hawthorne will roll into Wildwood with a more or less complete guard book. They both have for the last few years. Why every corps can't be at least close to complete is a member/staff/admin problem. If any of the others match Bucs/Cabs for completeness I'll be shocked.

Some folks don't want to hear that, but it's true.

• Like 2

The guard issue (or lack of it) is simply a case of a corps not having it's act together. Reading and Hawthorne will roll into Wildwood with a more or less complete guard book. They both have for the last few years. Why every corps can't be at least close to complete is a member/staff/admin problem. If any of the others match Bucs/Cabs for completeness I'll be shocked.

Some folks don't want to hear that, but it's true.

agreed. it may not be spotless, and there may be more to come, but the general idea will be there.

And seeing how Bucs have dominated the circuit, winning guard several times, since 2005....and usually don't start the guard in earnest until May, using indoor as an excuse is BS

Getting back on topic....

I wish more corps were turning out for Wildwood

I agree completely!

$18 for 4 corps is waaaay to much $, considering the travel down there and lodging.

Caballeros=one of the coolest and most iconic uniforms in drum corps.

I'm still wishing they would go back to the pre-2006 kick-pleats, the kind the alumni wear. I'm not a fan of the permanently open style that they've worn recently, tho I'm sure for costs and ease of ordering, that's why they went to the new style.

Just my .02.

I agree completely!

$18 for 4 corps is waaaay to much $, considering the travel down there and lodging.

Actually, including two great exhibition corps, that would be 6 corps. Three bucks a corps, and five minutes away from the boardwalk for after the show. I dunno, seems cheap to me :satisfied:

Edited by grenadasmoothie
  • Like 1

Jeff to answer your question, we would have like to have more corps in the show but they were not going to be ready. None the less the corps that are in the show have all had great winters and will be putting on one hell of a show.

Lets not forget Wildwood is not just about the contest, their is the show before the show. Friday night is always great for the fans, the corps practices are always open to the public. You don't get that kind of access during the season, hope to see you there.

• Like 2

Alan,

Would love to, but, I kind of have a 2nd birthday party to host. And she had enough of Wildwood earlier this month