Wildwood Predictions

Beyond Wildwood, I predict the Bucs to once again dominate the season as they are still to far ahead of the curve, and until they lose, have got to be considered the odds on favorite. After that, it's anyone's guess!

While I generally agree with this statement, it's hard to say the same thing for this year when the first show hasn't even happened. The Cabs closed the gap to under 2 points overtaking MBI which is always in the running. My point is, I wouldn't count Cabs or MBI out of first place just yet. All it takes is for them to do a few more things right in the beginning of the season and bam they have it. Plus I've heard of retention problems at Bucs (I have no way of proving that just the general gossip through the circuit). I'm pulling for either MBI or Cabs for the win.

Wildwood is in 2 days. We'll see what happens. I still think Cabs will eek out a very narrow win this Saturday by only a couple tenths. I only say that because I don't want a 5 point spread like last years show lol

(I have no way of proving that just the general gossip through the circuit).

Now this is a refreshing admission, previously people would "hear" things and swear to it as gospel because their neighbors have an uncle and his nephew is dating a girl that's mother knits with someone that overhead at the beauty parlor that Corps X.................

Good Luck to everyone - enjoy yourselves, those are always the most enjoyable shows, when the members are having fun with what they do and........

LETS GO HAWTHORNE.................

• Like 3

As for RB domination, it depends on what the definition of domination is. A win is a win. Point spreads are great for DCP but you have to win captions to win championships.

Retention problems would only be an issue, if RB was having problems filling the spots which usually isn't a problem.

Lastly, while I believe there are more corps on the improved track and will be better, based on the published rehearsal schedules, it's tough to beat a corps that puts more hours in than any of their competition. They also rarely make a design mistake as proven by 8 perfect top box scores and 9 -99's top box scores at the last 2 championships. This year they are competing less which means more time on the field and on design.

Either way, there were 6 great performances at finals last year which bodes well for an entertaining 2014 and maybe a real run at RB, but it's going to be a big mountain to climb.

As for RB domination, it depends on what the definition of domination is. A win is a win. Point spreads are great for DCP but you have to win captions to win championships.

Retention problems would only be an issue, if RB was having problems filling the spots which usually isn't a problem.

Lastly, while I believe there are more corps on the improved track and will be better, based on the published rehearsal schedules, it's tough to beat a corps that puts more hours in than any of their competition. They also rarely make a design mistake as proven by 8 perfect top box scores and 9 -99's top box scores at the last 2 championships. This year they are competing less which means more time on the field and on design.

Either way, there were 6 great performances at finals last year which bodes well for an entertaining 2014 and maybe a real run at RB, but it's going to be a big mountain to climb.

I am sure that Reading would be the first people to see this as a plus. Yes, everyone is shooting for the gang in blue. I know we are! If you beat the best, then you are the best. Why shoot for anything less. Nothing but respect for them, Hawthorne, MBI, C2...etc. We all want them at the top of their game. They are the barometer we all aspire to. Hopefully we will be able to make it a tighter race than ever this year.

Best of luck to all and I guess we will all know a little better where we stand after Grand Prix!

Dan

• Like 1

Not sure how many of you have studied the schedule, but Bucs have practically a month off after Wildwood from competitions, resuming at the Grand Prix. While I hated having so few shows in 2009, it resulted in a pretty decent show and finals outcome.

Good luck to all at Wildwood, stinks that I am not going to be able to go or even to the Grand Prix. May end up going to the Bridgeport show.

Not sure how many of you have studied the schedule, but Bucs have practically a month off after Wildwood from competitions, resuming at the Grand Prix. While I hated having so few shows in 2009, it resulted in a pretty decent show and finals outcome.

Good luck to all at Wildwood, stinks that I am not going to be able to go or even to the Grand Prix. May end up going to the Bridgeport show.

From what I can see, Bucs only compete 6 times this season, not including prelims/championships. Perhaps DCA applied some sort of mercy rule!
  • Like 1

Something to do with pit amplification, perhaps, this being the first year that's allowed in DCA?

i predict some entertaining penalties this year as people have issues getting set up, plugged in and turned on within the alloted timeframes

From what I can see, Bucs only compete 6 times this season, not including prelims/championships. Perhaps DCA applied some sort of mercy rule!

Doubtful, since the worst thing you can give to Bucs is more rehearsal time.

• Like 4

I predict we are in for some real surprises come Saturday night. I never predict anything on here, and never have since the day DCP opened. Until now.

I predict you text me updates while I'm in Minnie Mouse hell

Doubtful, since the worst thing you can give to Bucs is more rehearsal time.

They know they have 6 bullets in the magazine and need to make every shot count. And well, they've got a lot of time for target practice between shots. :satisfied: