Wildwood Predictions

I wanna know what that guys left arm is up to ...

:wow:

Black sombrero's ? only corps i ever knew to wear them where the Bronx Kingsmen & the Trumbell Troubadurs.I think what the Cabs wear is know as a spanish riding hat ,or a gaucho hat

Edited by Florida Sun

I've been with the Caballeros now for 25 years, and we have always called them sombreros, as well as the many members the other 43 years before me.

If you feel happy being technical Chuck....then call it a goucho hat, or spanish riding hat....whatever!!

:blow:

Yep we will continue to call them sombreros :satisfied:

• Like 1

I've been with the Caballeros now for 25 years, and we have always called them sombreros, as well as the many members the other 43 years before me.

If you feel happy being technical Chuck....then call it a goucho hat, or spanish riding hat....whatever!!

:blow:

Caballeros=one of the coolest and most iconic uniforms in drum corps.

• Like 4

I wish more corps were ready, including the guards. Watching 16 counts of work at this musical highlight and 64 there gets really old fast.

I'm not saying it should be easier work, I just wish the emphasis was more on participation in the winter so they were learning the show along with the hornline.

The drumlines have the same winter schedule IE winter percussion but do have some rehearsals during the winter months. Yet they have their line set by the time they join up with the corps. The guards aren't even doing auditions until after WGI is over. There is something about that timeline that seems problematic right there, that they will not be even close to ready by the time of the first show.

Just the 2 cents of a former guard person (and reduced to a half penny due to inflation)

• Like 4

Prediction:

I will be paying a visit to Harry's Corner sometime either during the DCA show weekend, or during Elks weekend. :thumbup:

Edited by Fran Haring
  • Like 1

I wish more corps were ready, including the guards. Watching 16 counts of work at this musical highlight and 64 there gets really old fast.

I'm not saying it should be easier work, I just wish the emphasis was more on participation in the winter so they were learning the show along with the hornline.

The drumlines have the same winter schedule IE winter percussion but do have some rehearsals during the winter months. Yet they have their line set by the time they join up with the corps. The guards aren't even doing auditions until after WGI is over. There is something about that timeline that seems problematic right there, that they will not be even close to ready by the time of the first show.

Just the 2 cents of a former guard person (and reduced to a half penny due to inflation)

I think until DCA gets its "prestige" level to that of DCI and WGI this will continue to be a problem. Unfortunately that's what happens when a circuit is regulated to basically the Mid-Atlantic region