Wildwood Predictions

hey...MBI only does so many shows a year and it's had them at the top of the ladder

Black sombreros, Traditional White Satin Blouses, Black pants with Red/Black/Gold stripes and red kickpleats, Black shoes.

Of course there is a White t-shirt underneath the White satin shirt.

Are you expecting something different?

Just wondered... heard a rumor there were going to be shakos... or maybe that was Shakers... I can never keep these rumors straight...

Carry on...

>>

Just wondered... heard a rumor there were going to be shakos... or maybe that was Shakers... I can never keep these rumors straight...

Carry on...

<<

Hmmm ... shakos = Sky ... sombreros = Cabs ... berets ... no .. wait .. shakos ... no .. wait ... aussies = Sun ... ok ... got it Ray?

Funny footnote ... at one GAS Reunion, Eric Perrilloux "let his hair down" and Post 199 and shared a story where, in the late 50's, Les Parks almost taught Sky and Eric almost taught Hawthorne ... now THAT would have proved interesting ... both played snare with Garbarina in the early 50's ...

:-)

Edited by ajlisko

i predict some entertaining penalties this year as people have issues getting set up, plugged in and turned on within the alloted timeframes

If only.

What I would like to see happen is the rules get fairly applied "if" or "when" a Electronic corps cannot perform due to plug in issues (standing water, rain ETC) that they get a appropriatly deducted score for the out of balance issues.

But my gut tells me that the judges will ignore the out of balance show because it is out of control of the corps.

It would not be out of the corps control if there were no electronics. Just saying!

So I do not expect that to ever get "fairly" applied!

Edited by camel lips
  • Like 1

If only.

What I would like to see happen is the rules get fairly applied "if" or "when" a Electronic corps cannot perform due to plug in issues (standing water, rain ETC) that they get a appropriatly deducted score for the out of balance issues.

But my gut tells me that the judges will ignore the out of balance show because it is out of control of the corps.

It would not be out of the corps control if there were no electronics. Just saying!

So I do not expect that to ever get "fairly" applied!

the electronics have been around awhile in DCI, DCA is just behind and catching up like they usually do some years later. Im sure all the old DCI electronics arguments will all surface again ( not that they have gone away ) BUT youre right, they aren't going anywhere.

What I would like to see happen is the rules get fairly applied "if" or "when" an electronic corps cannot perform due to plug-in issues (standing water, rain, etc.)--that they get an appropriately-deducted score for the out-of-balance issues. But my gut tells me that the judges will ignore the out-of-balance show because it is out of control of the corps. It would not be out of the corps control if there were no electronics. Just saying! So I do not expect that to ever get "fairly" applied!

At (one day of) Ohio's marching band finals last fall, a strong wind was regularly interfering with microphones, including a long bassoon solo that had been well-played when I'd heard it at a local contest a few weeks earlier, but on this occasion two out of every three notes in the solo were inaudible. The band still got a "superior" rating. Ridiculous.

Getting back to Wildwood ,my guess would be for someone to even come close in score to the Buc's they would have to be 5 points better then them .DCA isn't going to let the Bucs loss till someone that much better comes along .As for scores tomorrow night .here's my quess GOOD LUCK TO ALL CORPS IN THE 2014 SEASON

BUCS 82,5

Cabs 78,3

Fusion 73.4

Windsor 61,2

Edited by Florida Sun