Achin' for Akron/Cinecast

Why are there no Akron scores on DCI, DCP, YEA? Weather looked very good on Cadets rehearsal shots.

Why are there no Akron scores on DCI,

The carrier pigeons that flew the scores from Akron to DCI HQ in Indy, overshot their apponted destination in the darkness of the nite, and reportedly the birds were found wandering about aimlessly in downtown Toronto at daybreak, and the scores were lost. We should have them posted sometime tonite ( Sunday ) however, according to a DCI press release this afternoon.

• Like 1

I wouldn't mind being in Toronto, but pigeon poop would not be my favorite score delivery method; and having some Greek heritage, I am not into pigeon innards. Perhaps someone who was there could report. I like the humor here.

K

I wouldn't mind being in Toronto, but pigeon poop would not be my favorite score delivery method; and having some Greek heritage, I am not into pigeon innards. Perhaps someone who was there could report. I like the humor here.

K

Really though, no one, not even the corps know the scores. Everyone will know tomorrow night after the theater broadcast.

What did the performance order wind up being? Reading the thread, it seemed to differ from what DCI said it would be.

For those that don't have the theater broadcast option but have Fan Network, does anyone know when the Akron contest is on FN VOD? I'd like to put viewing VOD on my calendar :)

Yes, but the judge that liked ( or disliked ) the show in June, may have a completely different take with that judge(s) by Finals... thats because some Corps improve the show, and their execution of it, more than others do from the first week of the season to Finals. BD beat Crown several times last season in the early going. Who remembers that... or much cares ?

Webb placed Crown's percussion above Cadets on opening night. This is significant, in part because in the past he has been one of the judges that crown is not looking forward to if he is a finals judge.

Who is judging matters. Dcp goes nuts when the judging schedule gets announced for finals week.

Yes changes can happen, but trends exist. Each trend needs data, each show contributes to it.

Webb placed Crown's percussion above Cadets on opening night.

He placed them above in content, below in achievement and below overall.

Really though, no one, not even the corps know the scores. Everyone will know tomorrow night after the theater broadcast.

Which means they will be a day later after some of those same corps possibly earn a higher score tonight.