Achin' for Akron/Cinecast

This Crown Honk would like to say thank you to all th teams for what they bring to the field this summer. However, special hat off for tonights performance by the members of the 2014 Bluecoats. I dig what you are doing. Great show. Bravo!

Edited by Tone Quality Matters
  • Like 1

This Crown Honk would like to say thank you to the members of the 2014 Bluecoats. I dig what you are doing. Great show. Bravo!

:babies::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

In 2011 at this time Cadets scored a 71.05 at fortworth while Cavies, Crown, and BD all scored over 74. In August they won it all.

Now, For Bluecoats to be 2.15 behind Crown at this time of the season should not mean they are now out of the race. I have a Cadets 2011 feeling with Bluecoats this year. The show is there, clean clean clean and it will be a monster to contend the title in August. It has happened before in what can be argued less favorable circumstances. And it should be noted that Cadets didn't win a single regional in 2011 until the Sunday after Allentown at the TOC show.

And if the 2011 analogy holds it will mean that Cadets will pull a "Cavies" and slide back into third/4th by July.

Yeah but this is a direct comparison... not a two show comparison. The judges made a clear statement. The Bluecoats program is not competitive, especially with Cadets. The point spread for all three would have been inside of 2 if they were. The judges are saying that Bluecoats and Phantom are competitive. It's simple point analysis. To say that the 'Coats are contending would require the conclusion that PR is as well. And nobody is saying that. The recap will speak volumes.

Bluecoats were fantastic, I really hope this show does well competitively, too.

Regiment feels like the same show they've put out for years. But I still like it well enough. It's solid enough. (enough...)

Cadets continue to surprise me, this time by how great they looked and sounded. I hope they find more to bring to the table (stage). So good to see their guard scoring big at this point ( or any point these last few years! ). Get the drum boys healthy and back in order!

Crown was good but not great. Tons of GE potential as usual, but this show isn't as easy to love as last year's.

Dug Madison, felt like old Madison, circa 1993. Except the drill wasn't much.

Boston...not really buying it right now. Other corps do/have done dark much much better.

AND! Cavies were my favorite show from them since 2010 or 2004, ish. Clean that up, though. Oy!

Edited by chris ncsu

After watching Bluecoats' show on FN, I kinda want them to win. But this logic to me is a little flawed given the history of Cadets and how they clean. So I don't really think it's good to compare Cadets 2011 to Blue this year. But obviously we will see.

Sure, but if anything it illustrates that scores of a first show cannot be used as basis to discount anyone which some people already did for Coats (which is silly). Their show at the very least is the dark horse of the summer even though I strongly believe it has what it takes to take it all. Just give it another 6 weeks.

Edited by charlie1223

Bluecoats were fantastic, I really hope this show does well competitively, too.

Regiment feels like the same show they've put out for years. But I still like it well enough. It's solid enough. (enough...)

Cadets continue to surprise me, this time by how great they looked and sounded. I hope they find more to bring to the table (stage). So good to see their guard scoring big at this point ( or any point these last few years! ). Get the drum boys healthy and back in order!

Crown was good but not great. Tons of GE potential as usual, but this show isn't as easy to love as last year's.

Dug Madison, felt like old Madison, circa 1993. Except the drill wasn't much.

Boston...not really buying it right now. Other corps do/have done dark much much better.

And SCREW the Cavaliers!!!!

:tounge2:

• Like 2

Maybe completely unimportant, but Bloo started out 73.6in 2010, So they could be on par to medal, I also believe bluecoats have the ability to surge in the mid to late season, They have even passed corps during finals week, so I don't agree with if it isn't rewarded right off it won't go anywhere

• Like 2

Is that a G7 in Boston's closer? Lol

That would have been AWESOME! But, did you see the "BAC"?

• Like 1