Achin' for Akron/Cinecast

I combined my thoughts from the theater and posted them over on the review forum for anyone interested. Fun show and well produced by DCI. Sorry to hear that some theaters had video that crapped out. Yuck!

Sadly we violated forum etiquette and carelessly dumped our reviews into this thread that refuses to die. It's got content aplenty.

• Like 1

The two shows I want to see again

Bluecoats - !! Wow !!! Hymn to Axiom is an instant classic!!

Boston - I would not call this dark I would call it edgy!! Interesting show with some great arrangements and moments. This show will make some noise before the summer is over.

I'll call this one a bit of a dark horse...

I am excited for them to be clean. My problem with June is that the mistakes distract me from the good things.

haha!.. I see what you did there.

The theater I was in erupted at the end of Bluecoats' show. I don't know what they would have thought of Cadets as they weren't shown...nor, as I mentioned earlier, did we get to see the final 2/3 of Regiment's show.

FWIW the broadcast was fine where I saw it. Better than fine: I've seen the last two or three, and this was the first one where they seemed to have the sound mostly figured out. The Cavaliers use of the marimbas blew me away. I've really liked their split runs in the past and love how they showcase them this year. It's good to see some outside-of-the-box thinking with the pit. The Cadets seemed to be on another level from the others corps in executing their show at this early point in the season. But I'm going to reserve judgment on the platform until I see it live. From the high-cam it seems fine, but I wonder how it looks closer to the field.

I have a question. What if it had rained out in Akron?

They'd have shown a Fellini movie in its place.

• Like 3

They'd have shown a Fellini movie in its place.

Ha!

Why not a stage performance of animal farm, with live animals?

Saw the show in Huntington, great crowd and no broadcast problems.

But....

Can we talk about how the percussion judge had 2 2-way ties in Content and a 3-way tie AND a 2-way tie in ACHIEVEMENT (which baffles me especially in the achievement caption) IN A SHOW WITH SEVEN ####ING CORPS?!?! I mean I know it's the early season but you are getting more than decent money to essentially decide. This to me is absolutely ridiculous.

Edited by Huntington Mallets
  • Like 1