Achin' for Akron/Cinecast

There was clearly a struggle with numbers management tonight with this judge

Clearly.

:lle:

I just got back from the theater and would like to take a time out from the commentary and throw a huge shout out to Tom Blair and company. Every year, the production of the theater shows gets better and better. Sound was fantastic! Camera work well done (especially for early in the year, given the lack of familiarity with all of the shows)..............a GREAT evening of Drum Corps! 300+ and the theater shouting and applauding throughout.

And, the corps??? There are already more shows that I like (and it's only June) then any season I can remember. I think we are in for a fantastic summer!

• Like 2

Same judge that had Crown OVER Cadets the next night?

• Like 1

I was just going to say the same thing...

First read of the night and first week of competition and you are saying that line is scoring 15.9 already? He came back to reality with the Bowling Green scores...

At Akron, Cadets get a 16.5 and at BG the next night a 13.8. Crown goes from a 16.3 to a 13.9 lol

• Like 1

Yeah but this is a direct comparison... not a two show comparison. The judges made a clear statement. The Bluecoats program is not competitive, especially with Cadets. The point spread for all three would have been inside of 2 if they were. The judges are saying that Bluecoats and Phantom are competitive. It's simple point analysis. To say that the 'Coats are contending would require the conclusion that PR is as well. And nobody is saying that. The recap will speak volumes.

If you look at the recap it says Bluecoats just need to clean it up. Everything that was down was clarity.

Same judge that had Crown OVER Cadets the next night?

Haha. Clearly the judge had an allergic reaction to the turf dirt in Akron....

Congrats to Crown's frisbee throwers! Awesome job tonight!

After watching Bluecoats' show on FN, I kinda want them to win. But this logic to me is a little flawed given the history of Cadets and how they clean. So I don't really think it's good to compare Cadets 2011 to Blue this year. But obviously we will see.

I agree on all of these thoughts. I dig Bluecoats' show, more than Cadets this year by quite a bit, but Cadets KNOW how to clean & tweak a show to make a Champion. 2011 Cadets was a show that from night 1 looked like a Champion show if cleaned enough; I'm not 100% confident in saying that about Bluecoats show. I think Bluecoats can have a great run, and I'd LOVE nothing more than for them to prove me wrong!

I do think this is going to be another fun & exciting season!!

Looking at the recap... unfortunately I'm more certain of my grim assessment based on the consistency between GE judges. The 'Coats show doesn't have any deeper meaning for the judges to appreciate on multiple reads. They really needed to see this show as a GE powerhouse from the first read for this to work. Even if they get the visual performance stuff worked out (and playing catch up is an awful game) that GE spread is a poison pill. Too bad the crowd doesn't seem to feel the same way.

I just got back from the theater and would like to take a time out from the commentary and throw a huge shout out to Tom Blair and company. Every year, the production of the theater shows gets better and better. Sound was fantastic! Camera work well done (especially for early in the year, given the lack of familiarity with all of the shows)..............a GREAT evening of Drum Corps! 300+ and the theater shouting and applauding throughout.

And, the corps??? There are already more shows that I like (and it's only June) then any season I can remember. I think we are in for a fantastic summer!

I would agree with you if it hadn't skipped Phantom Regiment and Cadets at my location.