Achin' for Akron/Cinecast

George is a judge, too (for the USBands circuit) and he'll be the first to tell you that, as humans, we make mistakes in numbers management sometimes. It has happened to every judge. I guarantee it. Some nights, you just have a total brain collapse.

hasnt stopped him from railing about them before

• Like 1

That's fair, I just don't want to jump to a conclusion in this case without evidence to the contrary.

I understand Bostons show now! Animal Farm is based on the concept of "all animals are equal but some are more equal than." this show is about how "all corps are equal but some are more equal than others."

This show is a huge middle finger to the g7 and I love it

• Like 5

Moments of the night for me (despite Bluecoats show getting cut out in our theater)...

- The G7 drill in Boston's show

- The BAC drill in Boston's show
- The Alien head, turned Spaceship drill after the atom rotations at the end of Crown

- Cavaliers were much much much improved, even since Indianapolis on the 18th

- That old 90's Cadets chill down my spine. What a HOT corps this is, even with the old school show design

- Rondo and Delucia almost choking while having to introduce trombones to the activity

- That good ole Madison vibe was back, mostly

- Bluecoats Hymn of Acxiom. I about crapped my pants hearing the power in this piece, even though I had to watch it at home on the FN afterwards

- And lastly, the Bluecoats all around. This is an incredible program capable of landing anywhere by Finals. I can't wait to see the rest of the season develop!

• Like 1

Speaking of politics...I thought Cadets' show was a little politically charged, too.

I heard a lot of quotes from Presidents on their little tape recording, and when I heard Obama's little "Yes we can" snippet, I almost immediately walked out of the theater right then and there.

But then they ended that part of the show with a Reagan quote. So that made up for it.

I did not like The Cadets' show.

I know Hopkins leans to the left. I do not think politics should be brought into a drum corps show, period. I don't think it's appropriate.

I did not like the narration, and I did not like the stage at the front. This show is lacking something, and I have a feeling it might end up getting jumped at the end.

However, I can appreciate their ability to perform a show at a very high level.

I also thought Cavaliers' show was inappropriate as well. Devils/Demons/Vampires, same thing. The show is the devil.

However, I still think it has enough GE to end up 7th. I don't think it can beat Boston's show, who I think will end up 6th.

I also did not like the alien head in the end of Crown's show.

Everyone knows aliens are actually the "fallen angels" spoken about in the Bible. They are part of the antichrist's plan for world domination.

Edited by BoyWonder1911
  • Like 1

I do not think politics should be brought into a drum corps show, period. I don't think it's appropriate.

You must have absolutely hated Suncoast Sound in 1984 and 1988 then.

Edited by Kamarag
  • Like 1

and he was in the 8's for every sub box but one.

welcome to the big leagues

Also this, so in a course of approximately 40 days you're already saying the winning percussion caption winner is already 17 pts on both sides FROM PERFECT?! Get it out of here. That's how the judging in WV works for high schools around here and every band around here is TERRIBLE.

To equate it if you're going to give Bloo an 83 in verrrry early season at least make a considerable gap between everyone else to at least give it some merit.

From the recaps it looks like the tape would be something like "....impressive....IMPRESSIVE!....ehhh there's some fuzz.....WHOA THAT WAS COOL DO YOU ALL GET PAID TO DO THIS Y'ALL ARE REALLY GOOD AT THIS STUFF!"

The drum scores were a joke and there's no way around it. It's not ####### hard. It's drum corps.

I also thought Cavaliers' show was inappropriate as well. Devils/Demons/Vampires, same thing. The show is the devil.

However, I still think it has enough GE to end up 7th. I don't think it can beat Boston's show, who I think will end up 6th.

Everyone knows aliens are actually the "fallen angels" spoken about in the Bible. They are part of the antichrist's plan for world domination.

Ralph? Ralph Reed? How'd the nutcase convention go this year?

Edited by Slingerland

Speaking of politics...I thought Cadets' show was a little politically charged, too.

I heard a lot of quotes from Presidents on their little tape recording, and when I heard Obama's little "Yes we can" snippet, I almost immediately walked out of the theater right then and there.

But then they ended that part of the show with a Reagan quote. So that made up for it.

I did not like The Cadets' show.

I know Hopkins leans to the left. I do not think politics should be brought into a drum corps show, period. I don't think it's appropriate.

I did not like the narration, and I did not like the stage at the front. This show is lacking something, and I have a feeling it might end up getting jumped at the end.

However, I can appreciate their ability to perform a show at a very high level.

What did I just read?

• Like 2